Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Another Cat Problem

Options
  • 21-12-2002 11:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 767 ✭✭✭

my two cats are house broken, but sometimes if they get left in by accident the inevitable happens, (on the couch of the front room :mad: )

anyway the last two times it has happened a small bit of blood has been left with the poo stain, and i was wondering had this happened to anyones cat before, so i know whether to take the both of them to the vet (dont know which one is pooing)

anyone know why this might be happening?
    one of our cats is a lady cat so it might be something to do with lady problems (shes been spayed)

"lady problems" - a subject i know nothing about :p

/edit oh yeah and there diet is basically whiskas pouches/cans

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

would you take yourself to the docter if you started pooing blood???
    thought so.
    same should apply to cats, i'd take them to the vets pretty sharpish if i was you.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

nesthead,

I would at least call the vet in your case and describe the problem to him/her, and it's best to bring them in for a check-up. Do your cats go outside or leave the house? They might have picked something up.

Have they eaten anything out of the ordinary? Think back over the last while. Has anything changed from the ordinary that might have caused it. If they're outside cats it could be any of a number of things really.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭thedrowner

well, to be on the safe side, check it out, but i dont think u need to worry too much, it's happenned to my cats a few times, just over straining. if its only a small amount of blood thats more than likely what it is, they've probably tore themselves a small bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 767 ✭✭✭nesthead

thanks drowner thats quite reassuring after the first two replies i got :P

its is only a small bit of blood, ouch, hate to overstrain myself pooing. if they poo in the house its only out of total desperation, couldnt hold it any longer (poor babys :( )

the diets been pretty consistent i'd say, any this first happened over a month ago and then recently.

gonna give the vet a ring anyway thx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 The'real'Guvnor

Calling the vet and popping down so he can give them the once over is a good idea.

Probably nothing but better to be safe.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

just ignore my reply, i'm in a pretty bad headspace at the mo

Advertisement