Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Christmas number 1's.......

Options
  • 22-12-2002 5:01am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 166 ✭✭

The Cheeky song (touch my bum)...........like come on what the hell is goin on do ppl really buy sh1t like that. How in gods name is that song number 1 like has any1 actually heard that song. They cant sing and the person who compiled the lyrics should be shot "dont be shy, touch my bum, that is life" like WTF is that supposed to mean. Any request for songs that should be burned and their authors skinned alive and put in vinegar?mine are
    1) Cheeky song (The Cheeky Girls)......
    2) The Ketchup song (Las Ketchup)*shudder*
    3) Up town girl (westlife)
    4)Country Roads (the new "dance" version)
    5) The one who "rapped" :rolleyes: "im a bad baby sitter with my boyfriend in ur shower "

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭The Gopher

Their mother apparently wrote that song under the nom de plume of the Cheeky Mum:rolleyes: She also apparently was on that modelling programme on channel 4 with little success.What next?A take on some Frank Sinatra songs danced up by the cheeky grandad?Personally I think the cheeky grandad sounds like somebody that behaves like Benny Hill.

But I always wonder why anybody buys singles anyway?You cannot watch the sky music channels for more than 10 minutes without seeing either the girls aloud or the cheeky girls.Honestly,why spend roughly a fiver on stuff that you can tape of the radio if you want to?m always glad when something decent makes the top spot but i also think to myself"who actually bought it and why?".

That bloody Ketchup Song hasnt left the top 10 in either the UK or Ireland for what must be at least 8 weeks.Every week it still seems to be hovering around number 7.

BTW what is the average amount of singles sold in an average week in Ireland?And how many albums?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Originally posted by The Gopher
    That bloody Ketchup Song hasnt left the top 10 in either the UK or Ireland for what must be at least 8 weeks

i noticed last night that Magic are currently playing a christmas version of the song. it is the same ****e song with bells in the background

• Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

A lot of people buy singles for the instrumentals and b sides.
    Well, obviously not the people that buy the popstars singles, but normal people who buy singles.
    Also djs buy em on vinyl.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,967 ✭✭✭adnans

Originally posted by -RaY-
    5) The one who "rapped" :rolleyes: "im a bad baby sitter with my boyfriend in ur shower "
    thats Princess Superstar. ok, lets see now. you seen the video for the song on MTV, didnt like it and thought she was 'cheeky' and possibly threw all her other work out the window. its my turn to roll eyes :rolleyes:

i would recommend you check out some of her early stuff and you will be surprised with the material you hear. its more punk/grunge/beats than rap. quite f**ked up and good tunes: do it like a robot, nyc cu*t, i'm white, fu*k the phone.

adnans

• Closed Accounts Posts: 166 ✭✭-RaY-

Adnans she clearly sucks. Lyrics were just plain horrible she cant rap and the beat is all messed up mabe her other songs are prolly good but that one just sucked monkey testacles

• Advertisement
Advertisement