Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Are many of you interested in a new Irish games site?

Options
  • 10-03-2000 10:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

Guys,

I've heard that a new multi-format gaming site is opening in the coming weeks. You may just be thinking that its just another games site but this one is supposed to be Irish like the old Consolefan that was at www.gamesta.com/consolefan. I think that along with the chance of Nintendo moving to Ireland, this is an unbelievable move for the Irish games industry. What do you guys think?

Luftwaffe
    Hitler's Best

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

I think you should try advertising your site elsewhere. Or at least have the decency to say it's yours.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

Tasteful nick & sig too, moron.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,642 ✭✭✭Dazzer

!
    Noel **** off and dont be advertising on these boards again. Please someone delete this.

I used to own Consolefan so do not I repeat do not spam these boards with the URL ever again.

BTW Luftwaffe = Noel Brady the hardest man alive to work with.

[This message has been edited by [YWC]Daz (edited 11-03-2000).]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,972 ✭✭✭SheroN

Sounds like a bit of a gimp there....with his new site.....I mite have gone to that site before your post, but not now, I'll stay well away from it.
    Thank you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

Urr. Are you looking for a sh1te spouting award of some description, Mr "Luftwaffe", or does this all come naturally to you?

Ja,
    Rob

--
    [EED]Shinji -=*=- shinji@electricdeath.com
    Site Editor, http://www.utsystem.co.uk

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Luftwaffe01

I am not trying to hype any site. I simply heard the rumours on AERTEL's Gamezone mailbag from a guy called Shane and I was wondering what people thought. I am not NAZI either. I was just saluting one of the best air corps groups ever to walk this planet. So you are all wrong. As for Noel Bradly, I don't have a clue who he is and he can be the hardest man alive for all I care. I don't support Hitler either. But if thats the kind of place this is you wont see me posting again. I thought this might be a good place for posting but it doesn't look like it. Looks like my fellow Irish gamers aren't what I thought.

Luftwaffe
    The World's Best (Is that okay)

I guess not - so fu<k off.

Right, if you want an actual answer:

1) I'd imagine the console gaming site mentioned on the GameZone AERTEL thingy would be GameZone's own one - it's no secret that it's in development, although it's a big secret where they expect to get some quality content from. Here's betting it's going to be syndicated rubbish from other sites peppered with the occasional bit of commentary from Irish hacks (most of whom in my experience wouldn't know a good console game if it fell on them).

2) Nintendo moving their European HQ to Ireland is a silly rumour that was spreading around some time ago. It isn't going to happen; in fact, the only representative of Nintendo in Ireland is a THE Games PR person who is a complete waste of space and one of the least helpful people ever.

Your nick and sig are highly offensive. You'll find most people here are very helpful and friendly, but arriving in with a nick and sig like yours isn't going to get you very far with them.

Ja,
    Rob

--

• Registered Users Posts: 5,049 ✭✭✭Cloud

I've disabled the Luftwaffe nickname as some find it offensive (we've had a spate of Hitlers and Himmlers on QuakeNet recently too, must be a full moon or something).

Please create another user account.

John / Cloud.
    --

Where do you want to go inniu?

Shinji yes he/they will steal content from other game sites and even from magazine's he/they did it at Consolefan and I recieved several complaints about it and when I told him not to do it again he denied it. Most if not all the news he/they provided to my site was from press releases and the compititions we ran stoped after the second one because Noel got lazy. The same thing happened with the weekly interviews we used to do. Noel the owner of this new site tried to blame it on me so I told him to go set up his own site and to stay away from me because he is a *****. If you want to see this crappy site goto http://www.game-ireland.com the site was supose to open on March the first but I imagine Noel ****ed of the bloke he expects to update the site and is now looking for some other poor soul to do it for him. BTW who agrees on how ****e the site looks?

All done smile.gif

[This message has been edited by [YWC]Daz (edited 14-03-2000).]

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 232 ✭✭Gamblor

It has a vote for how good the site is ....
    There is now crap site button on the vote !!!
    Too many images !!!

***** Feel my Evil Neon Claws *****

• Closed Accounts Posts: 599 ✭✭✭ThunderingMike

Oh My! Iwas just looking for a site with instructions on how to make a bomb and thought I would drop by the IGN message board here. Little did I know that by clicking on a link to a certain site called Games-Ireland or some sh!t ,Iwould be visually assaulted by the incredible tackiness of it all. Thank you Luftwaffe for bestowing this cyber-travesty upon me frown.gif Alright I am done. Hey maybe the wolfetones site will have instructions on it wink.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Bismarck

Guys,

I didn't actually know about this site. It's not the one that was advertised on Gamezone anyway as it was to be called Gamezone and ran by some fella called Shane. It doesn't look like this new site has much hope judging by the way you've all dissed it anyway. And Daz what did this guy do to you? You'd swear he killed your brother or something.

Luftwaffe

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

sad...

Who is sad?

Bismarck (formerly Luftwaffe)

Your sad Bismarck. He did nothing to me really I just hate the bloke.

That sounds a bit stupid to me. It looks like you are the sad one hating someone for no reason. Anyway, have a look at the site roster, your not only runing his work but all the staff's work too. At least they're having a try which is more than any of you.

Bismarck

I used to run Consolefan with the him so dont say I have no reason I have my reasons.

As for

Anyway, have a look at the site roster, your not only runing his work but all the staff's work too

WHAT?

the way you are dissing the site. I don't know why but u are. Perhaps you should go and oil your printer or whatever it is you like to do. I mean by dissing the site you are not only getting at the webmaster hbut the other workers too. Bear a thought for them.

Bisarck.

Is English your first language Bismarck?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,488 ✭✭✭SantaHoe

Just lock the post ffs, I'm sick of looking at it.

Now I know your Noel Brady.......

Shinji lock this ***** down or delete it smile.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

Stay away from my nick tho smile.gif
    No1 is complaining

Yup, this was getting too nasty. Sorry I didn't get here earlier guys. I've started a new topic if people want to give some CONSTRUCTIVE criticism of the site.

Ja,
    Rob

--

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement