Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

new iww video

• 22-12-2002 2:34pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 607 ✭✭✭

got the new vid on thursday

initial thoughts

sorry to start with the negative but the sound was really messed up at the begining of my vid - not sure if it was a bogey cassette

also the running time was about 2:25 - not the 3hr as advertised on the back of the vid - not a major thing and 2.5 hrs is fine with me

the matches were a miked bag from superb to velocity curtain tugger standard

hits:

robbie brookside (when he doesnt have his head op the audiences asses) V joe e (if this character was in the wwf rather than just joie he wouldve got over)

storm v fleisch - as anyone would expect

misses:

flatliner - DO NOT BOOK THIS TALENTLESS MUPPET EVER AGAIN - HE IS TERRIBLE - lasr time the excuse is that he was going for major surgery but yet again he sucked the life out of a match - this was even more dissapointing as it was with the man many came to see

the commentary did improve over the last vid but one little thing - you both call each other by name every second sentence - we know whose on commentary and it really began to get annoying after a while - the only saving grace is that it would make a great drinking game - a shot each time one of the commentators mentions the others name - yould be hospitalised after the second bout!

as for the camera work - the replays were much better this time around - less blurry & jumpy but on of the cameras was really poor and really showed up when jumping to ringside action

the visuals were also goos - i especially liked the pre match name thingies - lookewd really goos - keep it for the nest show but mabey put the names in a brighter colour as they werte hard to read and have on for the winner

overall - headed in the right direction - if this continues we could have our very own full time fed in the forseeable future

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 590 ✭✭✭herbie747

The audio on the tape should be perfect: bring it back and change it.

I didn't see the point in putting graphics at the end of the matches. No-one else does it, and it's quite obvious who wins. The whole purpose of the name graphics is to establish who they are and where they're from, in case you can't hear the announcer.

The commentary was a drastic improvement. DefinItly a step in the right direction.

The running time on the tape was wrong. Fair enough.

Unfortunately the 3rd camera was a JVC MiniDV camera. The other 2 were Sony. We tried to keep the cuts to the JVC camera minimal, as the quality was terrible compared to the Sony cameras (which we only realised afterwards, as we borrowed that camera). It took a few seconds to focus- which isn't exactly suitable for live sports, and the colour and picture quality were terrible. Unfortunately for some shots we had no choice, as we originally intended the JVC camera to be a full part of the show. When we realised how crap JVC are, it obviously limited our shots, which was quite frustrating for the editing. That certainly won't happen again.
    Lesson learned: ONLY USE SONY!!!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,980 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

Yes the new video is very good, the 2nd half matches are excellent, yer the new graphics are kool and the commentry much improved.
    flatliner - DO NOT BOOK THIS TALENTLESS MUPPET EVER AGAIN - HE IS TERRIBLE

Thats so very true, i cant stand him either, he puts me to sleep.

storm v fleisch
    amazing, it was amazin on the night but watchin it back on the video you see more and betters nething you see on wwe

Advertisement