Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IrishBroadband.ie download qs

Options
  • 22-12-2002 3:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,169 ✭✭✭✭

Well I've have got the irishbroadband.ie 512k service and Ive annoying problem.
    Usually when Im downloading it will be around 35k/s but the thing is if I start another download it will be around 15k/s and the first wont drop. Its very rare I will download at the full capacity unless I have more then one download at a time.
    Is this servers bandwith or me??

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭maxheadroom

Try using something like getright which offers segmented downloading (if the file is available from more than one source, it'll get different bits from different servers and stich it all together at the end). Should solve the symptom, if not the actual problem :)

• Registered Users Posts: 696 ✭✭✭Kevok

Hey Sangre, i've got IBB too, the 1mb option.

Its rare that I get that though. I have a few times but recently not. During the day, they ramp your connection down to 64kb/s (128kb/s for me :p ) to facilitate business customers.

I've rang them and told the, about my prob, they said it may be a problem with my connection not being ramped up when it should be, maybe its the same with you.

That said, it seems easier to get your moneys worth with multiple d/loads, rather than one at an incredible speed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 772 ✭✭✭Chaos-Engine

The problem may not be your end at all.
    Some web servers share their bandwidth out and try not to give one user too much. So now that you have a super fast connection you are waiting for the server to catch up :)

Advertisement