Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Game-Ireland.com

Options
  • 21-03-2000 4:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭

Constructive comments and/or criticism only here, please.

The site has potential; although it lacks in regular content (and it could certainly do with a bit more informed content at times, although that's just my nitpicky gripes) and more writers wouldn't go amiss, or perhaps just getting the current staff to work harder!

The major problem, however, is the design. No matter what way you look at it, there's no nice way of saying this - it's very, very badly done. It's quite exceptionally ugly, and while it isn't difficult to navigate, it doesn't give you much incentive to bother. A lot more work is needed in this area.

It's well worth emphasising, however, that the site DOES have potential. If the staff can address the issues of regularity and design, then a very good site indeed could result.

Ja,
    Rob

--
    [EED]Shinji -=*=- shinji@electricdeath.com
    Site Editor, http://www.utsystem.co.uk

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 599 ✭✭✭ThunderingMike

I definately agree with the above post. The site really does look quite...tacky. For example , French people are not exactly famed for their vast video gaming audience but their sites are not covered in french flags with red , blue and white scattered all over. Plus the fonts look like something out of the seventies. However it must be said , the content is solid. Lots of reviews , previews and such. But like Shinji says , it looks so damn awful! Change the look and it would be a good site.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,488 ✭✭✭SantaHoe

Yes.... make it black, lots of black.
    Or you could use lots of eye-wateringly loud purple like my site: The Grotto

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Bismarck

Guys,

I don't really like the design but the content is good. And it's updated daily which is better than most sites. I can't really find any problems with the writers.

It's also giving us news from an Irish point of view and that is something I like. So what if it's isn't the most beautiful thing in the world. Beauty is only skin deep and the dreadful look will certainly not stop me having a daily read.

Bismarck

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

Point is, that whether you like it or not, the look and feel of a website will determine it's success, not it's content, in general. It's shallow, but it's true.

Ja,
    Rob

--
    [EED]Shinji -=*=- shinji@electricdeath.com
    Site Editor, http://www.utsystem.co.uk

Advertisement