Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New Tune - City at Night

• 22-12-2002 4:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭

Hi,

Another ambient doodle for anyone who's interested.

City at Night is a 7 min epic which paints pictures in sound.

Police sirens, wind, helicopters, explosions and finally a piano. Hey its got something for all ambeint/soundscape fans! :)

www.electronicscene.com/futuremusiccorp

All comments welcome.

Mike.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,152 ✭✭✭_CreeD_

Another great track Mike.

Personal pref I'd drop the initial helicopter-pan volume and increase the pad swell that kicks in behind it.
    I like the piano a lot, very Harold Budd and a great reprise -maybe a little more variety there but the mood you set with it is great.

hmmm....this forum really is a black hole for original music opinions eh? ;)

You should post some up at kvr-vst.com 's music cafe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

hmmm....this forum really is a black hole for original music opinions eh? ;)

You said it creed! Thanks for the feedback, at least you're paying attention...I'll have to start PMing those who have responded in the past like Cloud and yourself! :D

Is the kvr-vst music cafe for members only? I can't find a link on the front page...(2 mins later) ah found it! I'll post a link and see if I get shot down in flames!

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

Only noticed this thread yesterday.
    Another good track, reminded me of Akira for some reason, I'm not sure why though.
    So when are you gonna start making film scores then? :)

Cheers, Makaveli.

Ah soundtracks, that would be nice. At the moment I'm sending out Cds to on-line reviewers and generally seeking informed opionion
    about my music, if I get a postive response I'll have to see if I can use the reviews to wangle a release with a decent label, ie not a
    "bedroom operation" which I could do myself.

Mike.

Hi Creed,

Just a note to say I visited your site (move that frame split up!)
    and d-l'ed Gryphon, not bad will give it the headphones test later, but it sounds pretty good, very Terminator-ish. :)

Mike.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,049 ✭✭✭Cloud

Mike - there was a little gem on that last CD you sent me, "Hybrid", I played it on my college radio show last night. Also played "Closing Credits" to finish off :)

Keep up the good work.

John.
    --

...a little gem on that last CD you sent me...

Thats the nicest thing anyone's ever said to me! sniff... :)

Cheers John.

Tomorrow Donal Dineen!

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,152 ✭✭✭_CreeD_

Sorry, havent been back here in a while. Thanks for listening and the compliment Mike :D. I entered Steel Dragon into Decembers comp at KVR and one of the folks described it as the terminator soundtrack written by Brian Eno, soooo, at least I'm still on track for soundtrack style t00ns.

Ooooh, airplay too. Well done :).

Advertisement