Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Political song?

Options
  • 23-12-2002 12:47am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 953 ✭✭✭

so what would be your favorite political song? (i didnt know to put it here or in polotics)

i think mines would probably be
    eve of destruction by barry mcguire
    sunday bloody sunday by U2
    loads of R.A.T.M songs (take the power back, know your enemy, etc.)

what about unse lot?

fairy

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭ThenComesDudley

heh i just steer clear of that whole area meself
    but if i have to pick one it would be.......
    oh i dont quite remember my memory is kinda fuzzy about it.

heh.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

Bruce Dickinson & Mr. Bean - I wanna be elected

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,563 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

The problem with RATM songs is that I find it massively hard to take any one of them seriously. They seem to attach themselves to every cause celebré (but not one that's too popular, cos that would make them Bono) and flog it ad nauseum with the same backing music for numerous albums. They also seem to despise consumerism but manage to be signed to a major record label.

Listen to the Clash.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,638 ✭✭✭bombidol

Listen to Anti-Flag or Propaghandi if you want some excellent political Music, Some Black Flag too should suffice

• Registered Users Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭thedrowner

probably somehtingn by the smiths-maybe the queen is dead (im presuming thats political) or meat is murder

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,975 ✭✭✭Oeneus

Have a listen to Guns N' Roses - Civil War. Slash personally said he didn't like it by I thought it was the best song on the album!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

Originally posted by Robbo
    They also seem to despise consumerism but manage to be signed to a major record label.

Listen to the Clash.
    Same with System of a Down............
    They hate hypocrites and consumerism, but their both of them themselves.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 953 ✭✭✭superconor

They also seem to despise consumerism but manage to be signed to a major record label.
    they were/are on epic because they gave them the most freedom and didnt take the polotics as a gimmick.
    Have a listen to Guns N' Roses - Civil War. Slash personally said he didn't like it by I thought it was the best song on the album!
    definitly the best song on the album, and a great song. the paris 92 version is unbelieavable

• Closed Accounts Posts: 272 ✭✭kingconor

Hmmm, tough one, Civil war - GnR - 'Tis a classic and U2 - Sunday Bloody Sunday would be the top 2!

Advertisement