Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

O'Neill is going to Liverpool

• 23-12-2002 1:12am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 38

I just got the word. Martin O'Neill has been sounded out and has said 'YES' to the Liverpool job. Details will be given to the Stock exchange (for legal reasons !!???! ) at the start of the new Financial year.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,064 ✭✭✭BKtje

err sounds like a wind up tbh...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

lol let me guess you heard this from a "mate" :)

What next Sir Alco for Pope or Roy Keane becomes a ballerina :D

Gandalf.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

OH GOD NO!!!! Not 'the word' from someone I've never heard of quoting no source whatsoever!!!! Houllier might as well just go down the dole office straight away!!!

!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I heard about this, sure it all makes perfect sense just like when O'Leary was being touted a few weeks back. That said someone in the game an ex-manager did hint at something coming, he said he had the info from within Anfield, hmmm.....

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭PiE

Originally posted by TwoShedsJackson
    OH GOD NO!!!! Not 'the word'

Haha :]

Houllier won't be sacked... at least until the summer anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,572 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

The smart(er) money's on Brian Clough...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,263 ✭✭✭Caesar_Bojangle

Originally posted by PiE
    Haha :]

Houllier won't be sacked... at least until the summer anyway.

If/when they do replace him, they will probably promote him to director of football at anfield or something like that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭thegills

I met Brian Kerr after the last Pats game. I asked him about the 'Pool job. He told me to f**k off and that he was happy with life at Newcastle.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,754 ✭✭✭Big Chief

O'Neill = going nowhere ;)

now if only celtic would give him some cash to spend :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 857 ✭✭✭kamobe

I did gear these same rumours, albeit from a mate :p
    Apparently the rumours spread from within the club, as opposed to being spread from joe average tabloid. It was said that Houllier would resign in January and O'Neill would take over.

*checks calendar*

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 406 ✭✭the66electric

With Liverpools players the football would definately improvement if Martin O'Neill came on board. We may actually use a concept unheard of on our side of Stanley Park, its called 'wingers'...

Advertisement