Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting annoyed with UTV

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

You should get an e-mail every month with the url to your account page which is accessed with your e-mail address and a password.

Like this -
    Details of your November 2002 online usage and telephony are now available by visiting

http://www.utvip.com/youraccount

This link will give you a fully itemised breakdown of all calls and charges based on the following account details. You must use the details listed below to access your account online:

Registered Email: ********@utvinternet.com
    Online Account Password: *******
    Account Ref: *******
    Active telephone number(s):*********
    These charges include your subscription to UTVip for the period December 2002 as well as call charges during November 2002.

Should you have any concerns or queries, please don't hesitate to contact us by telephone from 9am to 9pm on 1890 926000 or by emailing admin@u.tv.

*** Reduce your UTVip cost even further ***
    UTV Internet are delighted to announce an extremely generous refer-a-friend scheme where you can get up to 49.99 (euro) credit for each and every person you get connected!
    For details see the banner in 'Your Account' section of the website.

UTV Internet

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 BanjoDanjo

Thanks for that Mike.
    It seems that my emails were going to a different account.
    All sorted now though thanks to you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

No Probs! :)

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭Neil_Sedaka

Malcom,

I can connect to e-live (My Old Reliable ISP) at a stable 52,000, Eircom at a stable 50,000 odd, Esat / Bt at 48,000 odd but only connect to UTV at a very unstable 48,000 MAX.

I have to limit my connection speed to 46,667 otherwise I am disconnected every few minutes, is this not costing you money from Eircom everytime I re-connect??

To check my e-mails, browse the boards and see what movie is currently playing in my local can rerquire 3 or 4 dial up's
    Surely this is costly for you?

Any suggestions???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 joec

i really feel something has to be done on tuvs side here.....i have a lot of epopel online and a lot that have changed over to utvip...................................everyone of them has had problems
    never once did i ever as far as i can recollect dropa call in all my time with iol gold i do it every day with utv..............i took the advice from martin from utv who i would really appreciate of he could reply to this gave......i rang the helpline and to be honest the people there that i spoke with on the 2 occasions i called seemed more interested in surfing the web than helping me........
    i was told to get the latest drivers which i did and it hasnt made any difference at all...........im a lazy bugger at times and it took me bother to change to uvtip but i did cuz it was gonna save me money adn there was a pricipal behind it to take money away from eircom......a lot of people at the start since this service came online have spoke in glossy terms of the service but the fact remains that most poeple are having data transfer issues and dropped callls.......albeit im saving money its starting to wreck my head!!!u start downloading soemthing and it starts fine and then it drops .....then while ur downlaoding its impossible to browse the web cuz theres feck all bandwith cuz og thr slow speeds.......
    i never once had aproblem with iol and to be honest if somethign isint looked at with this im gonna goto netsmart and also warn anyoen iknow off about this service.....its bad enuff that ur stuck with 56 k but hell i at least expect to get 5 kbps d/l rates and jumping from 1.3 too 2.9.....................the fact remains utv have done soemthing good by offerign this service but if theres something up with the service something has to change or help has to be given...........martin can u either respond to me privately or reply on this thread ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭flamegrill

UTVip for me has been good. There have been hicups and time to time the connection slows down quite a bit. I personally think an upgrade to a V.92 hardware modem would do the job for me. I use linux so its typically not a driver problem. Currently UTV is quite fast. I've been on and off tonight for a bit and its been grand. Nice and fast which is good.

Now all i got from Martin and the guys was "driver this" and "firmware that" which tbh was quite insulting :p

But Martin did try to help me with a few init strings etc, nothing seemed to help really, but the constant problems i was having seem to have gone away. I don't mind re-connecting to get the speed back, because at the end of the day its costing them not me :)

All in all a fine server, and a great Tech support team (:p)

Regards,

Paul

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 dood

I had a lot of problems with UTV slowing down after about an hour online. Found out my modem was doing a retrain i.e. initially connecting at 45.2k then renegoiating to 28.8k.
    A few weeks ago the main telephone line in our house stopped working (i have my own line in the house as well as the main line going into the house,they come down the same cable i think or something). Turned out to be a fault in the main line coming into our house. Once Eircom fixed that my UTV connection has improved an awful lot - still get the odd retrain but its much better. May be worth while checking out your line quality if you are having trouble.
    This didnt happen me with other ISPs so maybe its the fact that utvip is more "sensitive" to bad lines or something???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭Martin-UTVi

martin can u either respond to me privately or reply on this thread ?
    I've PM'd you Joe.

Because I don't get the time to spend as long as I'd like on the forums, please feel free to email me (martin@u.tv) directly.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭jonski

I know there was another thread concerning this but my eyes are starting to water after spending the last 30 minutes looking for it ,so i will put it here for now..

once more its about ping times...they have never been great but have usually been workable ,but since before the weekend they have been really bad , haven't played a full game since sometime last week..anyone else have this problem...

god..bring on adsl before i lose my mobility.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭ButcherOfNog

am on ISDN on UTVip, constant 7.xx kbs+ type download speeds, latency is a bit high for fps games but its playable (round 110-130ms). Rarely if ever get dropped, rarely have to redial to connect unless trying at peak time.

no problems, good service.

• Advertisement
Advertisement