Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Soldier Of Fortune

Options
  • 17-03-2000 8:50am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,488 ✭✭✭

Is it out yet?
    Anyone played it?
    How is it solo/multi player?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,488 ✭✭✭SantaHoe

I love the damage system, from what I've seen/read, you can blow off ppls limbs! COOL! smile.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 398 ✭✭Jelvon

according to EB , it is out on the either the 30th or 31st of march , the OEM rocks though, haven't got the mp demo though frown.gif , the oem has all the blood and gore I need , bring on the full game

Jelv

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭SPACE COWBOY

There's a demo of it on the CD of the current PCGamer,
    Low violence version unfortunatly. frown.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭Mills

LOW VIOLENCE VERSION?!??!?!?
    BLASPHEMY

Mills

BAh!
    Went into Virgin Megastore today, and they only had the March issue, so no SOF Demo for me. frown.gif

Anyone think that all this twisted violence is effecting us in any way?
    Like a Few minutes ago I was walking down to my local all-night Esso shop and all the way there, I had the strangest feeling that somone was watching me through the scope of a sniper-rifle, just ready to take my head off with the thing.
    But then I've been playing Counter-Strike all day and I'm very tired, so who knows?

-[KBT]Dead{o}Santa
    -[-pEL-]Pop*Dog

Click here.

Or here!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 725 ✭✭✭pat kenny

I played the low violence demo and you can see that the full version is almost going to be too violent,for instance,the first subway mission the terrorists seem to execute the hostages for no apparent reason right up at the camera just for the hell of it.You can also shoot the guns out of peoples hands,you might say this incourages you to capture and not kill people but when there gun is gone and they kneel on the ground you can do what you want with him,and you know what most people are going to do(hmmmmm........ shoot him in the balls and see what happens)the industry is going to get some bad press over this one,and expect a few shootings in america to be blamed on it.

con

Well any game that makes Americans kill each other has my support.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭Monty - the one and only

GRRR, its not on the DVD version frown.gif

"Respect my Authoratai"

www.firstones.com
    www.nethousecafes.com

for those of you who got the low violence version of the SoF demo (hehehe , what!! SoF without violence? unthinkable), goto http://www.3dfiles.com/cgi-bin/dl-http.cgi?www.3dfiles.com/files/soflvdemo57patch.exe ,, to download the patch that enables violence smile.gif , hmmmm , experience gore , blood and carnage wink.gif .

Jelv

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

What are the minimum requirements? (No, I don't think it'll work on my dodgy P200)

• Advertisement

straight from the readme for oem , I edited it to cut out bulls*it smile.gif

· Pentium® 200 MHz processor
    · 48 MB of RAM
    · Supports the following 3d accelerator cards

· 3dfx Voodoo

· 3dfx Voodoo Rush

· 3dfx Voodoo Banshee

· ATI Rage Pro

· Intel i740

· Matrox G200

· Matrox G400

· nVidia Riva 128

recommended is :

· Pentium® II processor or higher
    · 64 MB of RAM
    · Recommended 3d accelerator cards

· nVidia Riva TNT

· nVidia Riva TNT2

· ATI Rage 128

· ATI Rage 128 Pro

· 3Dfx Voodoo 2

· 3Dfx Voodoo 3

· S3 Savage4

not much hope for you munch , maybe if you turn all graphics option off wink.gif

Jelv

[This message has been edited by Jelvon (edited 23-03-2000).]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 599 ✭✭✭ThunderingMike

Yeah it looks to be a pretty good game. Certainly my first purchase for my new PC (i will refrain from divulging the specs as they would embarress my fellow p200 owners wink.gif. Sadly though its as if Half - Life (the most intelligent FPS ever) never happened. The Americans will buy this game by the truckloads of course and suddenly the smart developer will say 'Why take a chance with something orignal!? We can just make like Raven and sell hundreds of copies of an unoriginal and unintelligent title.'So the rutt First Person Shooters were in for alot of the nineties is back with avengeance. Fun but shallow...wait what am i saying! you can blow peoples arms off in this! GENIUS!

Oh god!
    I just played the 'low violence' version of SOF, what a load of crãp.
    Anyone know where I could find a crack that would un-f@ggotise it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 232 ✭✭Gamblor

I got the oem version .. lots of blood and gore !!!! not bad .. VERY like Kingpin .. but done a whole lot better ..

I've got to stop shooting the hostages !!! smile.gif

***** Feel my Evil Neon Claws *****

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

er dead-o
    just read up the page.
    theres a link to the patch to enable violent play
    muppet!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Holy sh1t! The OEM works on my P200 - And its not THAT slow either. I am quite surprised that it worked so "well" - pretty smooth when nothing's going on, a bit choppy when you're in the middle of a gunfight with 5 terrorist type guys though...

Those ****in' hostages keep getting in my way smile.gif

- Munch
    - Visit The Fortress

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 Fool

SOF, huh?
    i got the american PCGamer to get the fulll violence(i think easons got it in on purpose for this issue, cos i never saw it in there before)
    its extremely scaleable, lots of smoothness even on **** specs. but FPS seems lowish( try cl_showfps 1)
    as for DM, its the best ive ever played. HLs netcode sucked ass so bad it was a crime, ditto unreal, but SOF is as smooth as quake.
    its also as fast if you set up a full speed arcade flagged server.

has anyone seen it in the shops yet?
    i want it real bad.
    (if youre stillplaying the demo, put on notarget in the subway level and make the NYC fight the CAS.

go in front of a load of NYC punks, and type."spawn m_cas_mrader1"

LOL, thanks WWM, didn't see that there smile.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

HLs netcode sucked ass so bad it was a crime, ditto unreal, but SOF is as smooth as quake.

lol..quake..smoth? i think not
    ever heard of unreal tournament?
    best netcode ive seen for a modem user

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 Fool

hehe, mabey youre right, its prolly an illusion from always playing it on a lan.
    i assume you havent played SOF dm, because i think that is is a lot better than anything ive seen before. i did see a comparison between HL, Q3, UT and unreal and SOF. i cant remeber what the order was exactly, but SOF had he lowest ping/lost packets...blah blah blah.

and its a lot off fun blowing peoples arms off smile.gif

• Advertisement
Advertisement