Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off-Peak Net Access This Christmas/New Year

Options
  • 23-12-2002 4:32pm
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,898 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Does anyone know what are the offpeak times this Christmas week/New Years period.

I remember last 2 years that we had a solid week of off-peak rates meaning we could stay online for entire holiday period with SNL however i havent heard anything this year about that, anyone know what days are offpeak this period?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭pete

Originally posted by Gonzo
    a solid week of off-peak rates meaning we could stay online for entire holiday period with SNL

Wouldn't that constitute an abuse of the Christmas spirit of the service?

sorry

• Registered Users Posts: 1,529 ✭✭✭zynaps

Wouldn't esat setting their prices almost exactly around eircom's pricing for overpriced DSL constitute abuse of competition, goodwill and little puppies?

heh

• Registered Users Posts: 3,216 ✭✭✭phreak

the off-peak days are christmas day, boxing day and new years day. Every other day its just normal :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,216 ✭✭✭phreak

ffs, St. Stephens day then. :rolleyes:

And yes i'm sure. i rang up esat today and thats what they told me. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

Originally posted by Phreak
    ffs, St. Stephens day then. :rolleyes:

And yes i'm sure. i rang up esat today and thats what they told me. :)

Yep, Xmas day, Boxing day and new years day, ie, bank holidays.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭Repli

You absolutely sure about boxing day?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Mountjoy Mugger

Originally posted by Repli
    You absolutely sure about boxing day?

Too much BBC/ITV, I tell ya. :) - Oh, and don't forget it's BT/Esat now..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,872 ✭✭✭segadreamcast

Originally posted by Mountjoy Mugger
    Oh, and don't forget it's BT/Esat now..

For goodness sake we might as well just get bought out and call ourselves Little England.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,898 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

pity we only get the 3 days off-peak but better than nowt i suppose.
    For goodness sake we might as well just get bought out and call ourselves Little England

Ireland is part of the British Isles just like finland is part of Scandinavia so to some ppl especially continentals ive spoken too cant tell much difference between Ireland and England just like we dont see a world of difference between the norwegians and the swedes, both countries look similar, our high streets and shopping malls are full of UK chain stores, only major difference is our accents, our roads and our telephony infrastructure. Me feels we have lost much of our Irishness appearence since the 1990's onwards particulary here in the east:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

lol you guys are so easy to wind up! This thread was just asking what days are covered by SNL and now you're on about Ireland becoming 'Little England'. heheh.

I say boxing day because that's how (and because of where) I was brought up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I say boxing day because that's how (and because of where) I was brought up.

:D Well done eth0_ its who you are!

Mike.

Advertisement