Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

christmas present!?

• 23-12-2002 4:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭

ok, i have between 150-200euro to spend on guitar equipment for christmas ..my question is, what should i spend it on?

bare in mind that at the moment i only have the basic Fender Squier Strat + 10watt amp. (i've been playing for the past 2yrs, so i'm in need of something to spice my sound up)

i was thinking of getting the Zoom 606 ..would this be a good buy?
    and where would be the best place to buy such a piece of equipment? ...any good websites/shops?
    thx in advance..

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,975 ✭✭✭Oeneus

Right now I think your main priority, if you are serious about playing electric guitar, is getting a new amp! At least maybe a 30 watt amp.

You can get a Marshall MG30DFX for about €200 I think. But if I were you I might save up and get a Marshall AVT. Take a look at some secondhand stuff aswell.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭[nicK]

amps you say...
    what should i look for in an amp.. at the minute, all i would look for is "how many watts does that baby have?" ..

I'd be lookin' in or around the 200euro mark..maybe slightly over if it's worth it - what brand/model should i be looking for or does it matter? Should i buy second hand instead?

Advertisement