Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Messiah

Options
  • 02-04-2000 2:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭

Ok I have to say I was well impressed despite the reviews (lots of people complaining it won't install, demo not working).

It takes FOREVER to install, but it does install.

Basically you play a little fat kid with wings and a halo and you have to free Satan who's been captured.

You do this by possessing people (jumping into thier back) and controlling them.

For example, you have to get by a door which you can't open. So you take over an engineer who controls a crane and drop a car on one of the cops. This calls in the medics, so you possess one of the medics and you have security clearance. In some cases you have to possess a rat as well.

Graphics are incredible. And the game is as deep as System Shock 2.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,300 ✭✭✭2040

I saw a preview for it around two years ago!How come it was so slow?

• Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 5,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭Maximilian

It seemed to get lacklustre reviews but I thought the demo was outstanding. Graphics are unbelievable.

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭pox

Yeah I downloaded this game and spent
    way too long trying to get it to install,

(though I have reason to suspect that
    my copy is not infact legal, as the
    warez site i leeched it from suggested
    underhand piracy was afoot)

I hear you can possess the poor
    mortlals, walk em off a building edge,
    and then make em stroll about the
    city on two broken legs.
    Spiffing good sunday afternoon fun.

On that note, has anyone heard news
    about a game set in a simulated city
    where each of the million or so simulated
    inhabitants are unique and can interact
    with you in neverbefore seen detail?

(foggy recollection here)

p

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

Yes the broken legs is a bit disturbing.

I jumped off a ledge and must of fell wrong. The guy I was in went down on his hands and knees and started screaming in pain if I tried to move him.

The flamethrower is a bit too real as well.

The Maser gun rocks, but it's real slow.

I'm a bit annoyed that the in game demos don't work. Apprantly you need two CD-ROM Drives but you have to install from the Second one, which I didn't do.

The other game you may be talking about is "Nomad Soul". It takes place in a future city. You have possessed a cop and you have to find out about demons taking over the city.

It was kind of a Music video, Carmeggeon, Halflife, Street fighter. Pretty good game but very hard to get into I found.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

Could be Republic: The Revolution that Pox is thinking of, due out near the end of this year. That has a million unique AI's in the various cities it covers.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17 Fool

i saw some scrnshots of that "republic game", they looked deadly.
    i cant get the messiah demo working, i got detonater 5.13s which were supposed to fix it but they didnt.
    shame, it sounds excellent.

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭pox

yeah republic, thas the one, i think.
    They demonstrated it at some convention
    by zooming in on a matchstick or a nail
    in a wall or summat and then zooming
    out to a satellite view of the city.

I dunno though, most of the great games
    I can barely remember are probably just
    weird dreams I had.

Advertisement