Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Very weird problem with connection and a Game

• 23-12-2002 11:00pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 695 ✭✭✭

Ok my friend has a problem with a game, the game is DAoC so for you who dont know the game, its a online only multiplayer game where loads of people kill each other.

What happens the game plays lovely everywhere as he has ISDN, no lag what so ever anywhere, until he goes to any are in the game which is belong to Hibernia (A team in the game), what strikes me is that everyone in Ireland usualy plays for this Team which makes it kinda significant, well weve tried installing difirent OS's, installing new modem drivers, chaging the PCI slot for the modem a few times, difirent isp's and im stumped. Weve tried the game in another house which also has ISDN, the same modem (asuscom) and it worked fine! What I think maybe the problem is his local loop, but he lives in the same area as the other house, in fact just down the road, does this sound like its his line in his house?

Im completely stumped now, tried everything that i can think of :/
    Thanks for any help

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 695 ✭✭✭DaSilva

Sorry if its complicated... this is a bit easier :F

My friend lags in out in one area of the game, everywhere else is fine, his m8 who is down the road, has the same connection, the same OS, the same modem and doesnt lag in that area

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭Illkillya

could it be a buggy installation? Did you try installing off different CD's?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 695 ✭✭✭DaSilva

Aye tried his mates cd :(

Advertisement