Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

P(h)ub Crawl 3

Options
  • 23-12-2002 11:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 331 ✭✭

Ok people , we gottta get this going again. the last one was not as good as the first one so we ALL must go it'll be better than the last two , plus it'll be during xmas. Anyone in??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭Sandi

Nah, not unless the people who say they are going definately go. Way too many people sign up and then don't bother their asses showing. The first one was a good laugh but the second was a load of pants. I reckon we should just go to Handels or some other nice pub with a good jukebox and just stay there all day!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,696 Mod ✭✭✭✭Silverfish

Yep, I'm with that. I know I signed up for the last one, but I was v v ill and the idea of crawling from pub to pub didn't appeal...the idea of sitting on a comfy sofa in Da2 and drinking their reasonably drinkable guinness appeals, mind.

Or wherever.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 331 ✭✭metalish

ok well that suites me fine sandi! I'm gonna put Whelans on the table,

Happy Turkey Day!!!

I think the bestest place on the first pub crawl was Da2......although there was lots of fun in Bruxelles.....um....but Whelans was definitely not nice.

Anyone else with any preferences??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭Sandi

I really liked Handels. It's a nice pub and the seats are relatively butt-friendly.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 406 ✭✭the66electric

Handels definately.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 115 ✭✭Miss-Misery

Definitely. Added bonus they're lax on id. Though it seems i'm the only one this matters to. I'm in for another gathering as long as its not between mid january and february 13th

• Registered Users Posts: 493 ✭✭MoeJay

It's all about timing! As long as the pints are reasonably priced I don't mind where it is! But it HAS to be in Feb so I can actually get along to this...missed the last two due work/mate's wedding etc etc...

• Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭Splinters

if its mid to late january ill certainly try my best (anything after that and ill be in cairo for a few weeks) i missed the first one, well actually i didnt know about it so i dont know if that counts and i was planning on going to the second but something came up. as long as the place has decent music i wouldnt mind where it is, bruxelles is a favourite of mine but then again ive never been to handels so that could be cool too

Handels is good for me...I've never been there so I'm willing to give it a go....

February would be better for me cos I hope to have my finances back in order, I get my 500 euro (min) bill for repairs to my sick car in Jan so it'll be Feb before I see the inside of a pub again...!:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭thedrowner

well, i reckon leave it for a while yet, i think the last 2 were closer together, and that probably played a part in making it seem more dull. i like the plan of staying in one pub all day, although personally i wasnt to keen on handels, id prefer somewhere like eamon dorans (plus its more central). but im happy to go along anywhere. if we were to do this i dont think we should start so early in the day-maybe 5 or so.

i suggest we top the night off by going to a gig (or maybe a club) of somesort, preferably by a local band, like the 66e,polar, otranome, etc. or else do as silverfish suggested and go on march 13th! i wanna see mr 66e climb the spike.

anyway, with regards to people showing up i wont be arsed getting my hopes up this time, coz the usual suspects are good enough in my book ;)

Advertisement