Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2 player games

Options
  • 19-03-2000 1:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭

can any1 gove me a couple of good 2 player games.
    i mean 2 player as in 1 pc
    have need for speed 3 which is grand. will get colm mc creas on castors advice. but apart from racing games, does any1 have anyt suggestions for some 2 player games tat you can pay on one pc thats a load of fun.
    i will be getting worms at some stage so dont even mention it smile.gif

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 599 ✭✭✭ThunderingMike

Hey man , may I suggest being a cheap ass and not actually buying a game? Check this out : www.humanhead.com/SDMV.htm . Check out this little freeware game. Its really is fun on 2 player. If that does not blow your skirt up look no further then : www.emunation.com/index.shtml . Here you will find emulators to let you play those wonderful games you played when you were a kid , right up to the super nintendo. They also have hundreds of the games (roms) for download aswell so check them out! May I suggest getting a neo geo emulator and the metal slug rom with it. Much 2 player fun shall ensue! Nice one wink.gif That goes for the rest of you too. Check out these sites.

P.S : No I do not run them or anything so no accusations of advertising my own site please and thank you. ROCK ON!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,657 ✭✭✭OSiriS

Any of the worms games, go get worms armageddon, hilarious and loadsa fun=]

www.csn.ul.ie/~osiris

• Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭TinCool

I suggest you download mame (arcade emu) and get super sprint and bubble bobble, only way to go and boy do they still have it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,488 ✭✭✭SantaHoe

Well yeah console and arcade EMUs are probably your best option for 2-player on one system.

Incase you're still not convinced, four good reasons:
    •Street Fighter 2
    •Mario Kart
    •World Heroes
    •Golden Axe

Or if you have the specs and you're not doing this in work, you can download an N64 emulator, which is somthing I'm playing around with at the moment.
    Roms are bloody hard to find for it though.
    (And yes, I do own a N64 and said Roms, so shut up!)

But if you're sure Emulators aren't your thing, you could always get Puzzle Bobble 4 for Win9x, it looks the business and beats the snot out of any Emulated version.

I can't realy think of any other 2-player games on PC that aren't puzzle or platformers.
    If you want variety, then go with the Emu's.

G'luck, Dead{o}Santa.

Click here.

Or here!

Have you even seen Win32 Puzzle-Bobble-4 ?
    I'd like to see you play the emulated version on a network.

• Advertisement

Well i dont agree with beats the snot out of any emulated version. Why not download neorageX and puzzle bobble 1 and 2 since these are the "actual" arcade versions, still play it from time to time, class game

• Closed Accounts Posts: 232 ✭✭Gamblor

how about the mad version of Virtual street fighter !!! bad but playable !!!!

***** Feel my Evil Neon Claws *****

Well I'd like to see you play the arcade emulated version over a network.... think about it

No you think about it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 936 ✭✭✭FreaK_BrutheR

i didnt read this thread and dont know what its about really.....BUT....
    Callus(arcade EMU) can be played over the net and has some neato games on it too both single player and multiplayer. lag sucks but over a lan i'd think very playable.

www.classicgaming.com

Ask me bollix.

• Advertisement
  • Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 5,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭Maximilian

If nobody minds, I'd like to think about it.

Hmmm, I think we're all thinking about it!

• Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 5,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭Maximilian

I'm done now.
    I haven't reached a conclusion.
    Perhaps I'll think a little while longer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 114 ✭✭Nitro-G

How about some turn based games like civ 2? or even axis and allies?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

well, its so i can play few games with the missus. civ is a bit long winded and boring for 2 players
    im looking for something that can just be picked up and played hassle free

• Registered Users Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭Monty - the one and only

As Orisis said

Get Worms Armageddon, its brilliant, spent the last few hours playing it.....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,657 ✭✭✭OSiriS

I've had it for over a year

www.csn.ul.ie/~osiris

• Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭Lucutus

WWMan, I found a game years ago called 'Wacky Wheels', (Got it offa a crappy Blobby CD), This game was multiplayer for upto four players, kinof a super mario kart view, and you went around, picked up mad weapons and tried to kill the other players. You could map your keyboard keys to different ones for each player and use joystick as well...(I had three on the keyboard one night and a joystick going!).

Unfortunatly, I don't know where this little gem of a game went, but I'm sure it's out there somewhere for d/load @ this stage.

Very good, fun game, pick it up, 30 seconds config and you, wife/girlfriend, and computer can live in perfect harmony...at least until you stop playing that game and start replying to emails and hanging on IRC.

Lucutus of Borg

• Registered Users Posts: 10,339 ✭✭✭✭LoLth

http://www.theunderdogs.org/

might find something you want here.....

Advertisement