Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CD-R problems

• 24-12-2002 1:35am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭

OK this has been an on-going problem with my CD-RW drive. Every time I'm burning CD's (usually happens while burning audio cd's) my PC freezes up completely and have to use the power button to turn it off.

Both my primary and secondary IDE channel controller thingys are in DMA mode instead of PIO as I was told to change them to this but it hasn't made much difference.

Any ideas as to why this is happening and what I should do about it are greatly appreciated.

btw the drive is an LG 40x/12x/40x CD-RW.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Does the brand of cdr's make any difference? like use Sony instead of Memorex or whatever u use...try writing at a lower speed and see if it makes any difference :) hope it works

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 811 ✭✭✭Rambo

Try this setup..
    1. Have the cd writer on its own IDE Channel as Master
    2. Nothing Slaved from it
    3 Have your DVD drive or cdrom drive on the second IDE controller on the mother board

If you cant have the cd writer on its IDE channel then slave it off the hard disk, and not from the cdrom or DVD ROM you will get glashes from both drive using the same channel

That may solve you problem..

Advertisement