Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best of 2002

Options
  • 24-12-2002 12:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 272 ✭✭

Ok peeps, it's near the end of the year now, so what we're your favourite Rock moments of 2002?
    Mine would be the arrival of both the Datsuns & Audioslave, bringing back the old skool!!
    Also, Oasis playing Belfast, that was a pretty good gig!!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,975 ✭✭✭Oeneus

Nightwish's Century Child album. Mmmmmmmm... my current bible.

And yes, was impressed by Audioslave! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

Reroute to Remain album by In Flames (hey, i liked it :p)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 953 ✭✭✭superconor

for me the best rock moment of 2002 was me discovering nirvana in a big way and basically the NME and the music in it (the vines, the strokes etc)

album wise, i dont really buy albums. actually i DONT buy albums!
    however i think mebbe the music would get a strong contender for overall, and it gets "best album award from the knighthood of conors!"

best song - idlewild - held the world in your arms.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

i met joey jordison in 2002

• Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭Zanza

I liked Hoobastank's album, and Linkin Park's Reanimation..
    Oh yeah and Powerman 5000 some songs.. like When Worlds Collides..

POD's Boom!! Now that's a cool song!! :D

What else, oh yeah, Limp Bizkit's album [not the newest] and papa roach's album [not the newest too] ..

I know that most of them aren't 2002ish [:p] but that's when I knew about them and started listening to them insainly :p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,719 ✭✭✭Ruaidhri

well of course Opeth's Deliverance (part one of two CD's)
    jebus nothing else really happened in 2k2 in regards to music. Martyr's Warp Zone got a Europien release. quo Vadis lost Arie Itman and Daniel Mongrain filled in for him.

did i miss anything?

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

Down fúcking II ...A Bustle in your Hedgerow.

Who can honestly say that they've heard anything from the past two decades that even compares with this album. It is very unique.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,731 ✭✭✭DadaKopf

My vote for best album goes to This Is... The Tycho Brahe. Best for is either Fugazi or Wonky2 in the Storehouse.

• Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭ThenComesDudley

My best moments were seeing Suicidal tendencies and Fugazi live for the first times.
    THe funniest was at roadrunner tour when at the end the four guns were fightin over a used towel in the middle of the floor.
    Also seeing Q.O.T.S.A. live

and the Melvins Hostile Ambient Takeover album

• Closed Accounts Posts: 151 ✭✭Pencapchew

One of the best live performances was tenacious d and of course the foo's were class @ witnness and the point.

scorchio..... i missed that drumming session with ricer, damn!

• Advertisement
Advertisement