Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

We need to do something....

Options
  • 24-12-2002 4:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13

Just a quick note to introduce myself, I'm Amon and I've just registered to post on these boards, hope to rant with you all on a regular basis in the future and that your Christmas and New Year be merry!

Now, as some of you FT readers(and others) may know, France have now introduced Tax-Free investment in property for business, and although Ireland does have almost the lowest corporation tax in the EU (Bar the future members Poland and Estonia with their 0%:thanks very much not-so-Nice treaty) isn't it about time the Irish government implemented something fresh and new to attract those large multi-national corporations back into Ireland? or do we enjoy this downward spiral into adversity?
    Rich or Poor, it's good to have money. I'm sure it's the general consensus that Irish people (like every other people) want to be well-off, we want the privilege of being able to buy those expensive gifts for our family for Xmas, the nice car that our fathers would've only dreamt about when we were not as well off as a nation, the house that makes you smile to come home to and the opportunity to enjoy not having to worry about whether or not you will be able to put enough food on the table for your loved-ones. I know these may seem like extreme examples that would never happen in a million years but don't forget that not long ago this was the situation that many people faced in Ireland, and worse. I'm not trying to be sensationalist or anything even resembling that, I'm merely trying to remind people that it hasn't always been this good and it can be better if we want it to be, but it takes effort and sacrifices (i.e tax-free property investment) which may forgoe current earnings, but these forgoings are only opportunity costs and will definitely live up to their definiton of providing greater future cash inflows. A perfect example of the sheer carelessness of the government and other authorities to address the issue of making Ireland attractive to set up in, is the disgrace that is our communications service, especially broadband services, but I guess that's more a case for the Ireland Offline board.

Amon

Advertisement