Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Which make of phone is best?

• 24-12-2002 4:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 47

Hi All,

Just curious as to which make of phone you consider as being the best in terms of:

Functionality
    Durability
    Cost
    Design

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,216 ✭✭✭phreak

Nokia. they seem to be the most user friendly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,265 ✭✭✭MiCr0

personnally i like ericsson*.
    i had a 768,t28 and now a t68i
    i much perfer the interface and the features - bluetooth, gprs, hispeed data, email etc etc etc

i use a host of phone for work
    nokia - 7650,8310,7110,7210,3330
    ericsson - p800,t68(i),520,380
    siemens - s45
    motorola - v50
    panasonic - gd93

and i reckon the ericsson's are the win

MiCr0

* some may say i'm biased

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

I was always a fan of motorolas. They're quite hard to get used to, but once you know your way around, you can get things done lightning fast (A bit like UNIX). I've never liked Nokias 'cos of the opposite - easy to get used to, but painfully slow, and always lacking the 'delete all' in the messages (remind me too much of microsoft products :))

The Sony J7 is a great phone, I had one for the last 3/4 months. The spinny dial navigation thingy made it really fast to navigate the menus. It's lightweight, relatively cheap, and a fairly long battery life. Plus you can use it to check POP email over WAP. Very useful. Would be teh win if it had GPRS and a colour screen.

If you want a picture phone, I'd go for the Sharp GX10. The Nokia 7650 is just as slow to navigate as its brothers, so I don't like it. The Sharp lets you write MIDI files with 8 or 16 tracks (very addictive if you like your music), or you can download them from your computer, plus camera blah blah. Unfortunately it lacks a mini email client that the Panasonic and Nokia have, which IMO is one of the best usages of GPRS - email on the move.
    Basically, it works about as well as every other phone out there as a phone, but it's more of a toy. Battery lasts 4 days with medium usage, but I've run down the battery in 3 hours writing tunes. But they're so pricey. If i didn't get mine so cheap, there's no way I'd have bought it. I'd never spend more than €200 on a phone (unless someone wants to sell me a communicator for cheap ;))

Each of those picture phones has something it's brother's don't.
    The Panasonic is triband. The Nokia has the best camera. The Sharp lets you write deadly ringtones.

Personally I think the Sharp is the best.

* some may say i'm biased ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭Repli

Motorolas have way more features... but nokias are easier to use and get used to

• Registered Users Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭STaN

the samsung t100 is a very nice looking phone, very small, loads of features (wap, polyphonic ring tones, color screen, games, etc)

never had a problem, way faster than nokia's too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,314 ✭✭✭Nietzschean

the fella's pluggin their place of employment as having the best fones, shameless :p

still i'll agree if he slip's me one of those p800's for my 7650

me? do that? never

go ericsson!

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

MiCr0 is getting paid to get you to buy them,(ericsson)

i wish

Advertisement