Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Font issues

• 24-12-2002 7:41pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭

I was looking at someones laptop and they told me that they had somehow changed the font over the whole computer, i didn't know that was possible anyone know how to change it back, she's running xp home, i running xp pro here and was hoping to simulate the problem?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭theciscokid

i didn't think that was possible,

i.e the help and support center (F1 key for those that don't know)

has that changed too ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

she said that she had to shut down the laptop or something and when she rebooted the font had changed i had a look at it and i thought even prior to here saying that something was up with the screen, (which was not just the angle of the lcd was making with the keyboard), perhaps it was not the font which was changed but something to do with the display, i know i changed the colour on it to 32bit but that didn't make any difference

can't remember cisco kid whether the help and support centre had changed to be honest

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭Runfree

You can change the font if you like. Do you mean the font In the Title Bar has changed??? and all the fonts in My Computer that when you go into My Computer that C:\ has got a different font type than the usual. Might alos be the desktop theme that she changed.

My first idea would be to check Display settings

Settings -- > Control Panel --> Display Panel --> Appearance

In this just select the area where the font is displayed and then change the Font Manually.

If it is the desktop theme then you can change this aswell. I can't think of the top of my head how to change this so I will get back to you on that as soon as I can(or if some1 has time please tell em how to do this)

It is quite easy to fix I wreckon

yeah i figured out you could manually change the settings of individual parts of the os by using display properties>appearance>advanced and what i may do is copy down all my settings and change each one on the laptop manually, but there's got to be an easier way or underwise it wouldn't have been so easy to change accidentally?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Originally posted by Dataisgod
    yeah i figured out you could manually change the settings of individual parts of the os by using display properties>appearance>advanced and what i may do is copy down all my settings and change each one on the laptop manually, but there's got to be an easier way or underwise it wouldn't have been so easy to change accidentally?

or you could just use one of the preset styles:confused:

• Advertisement

how do they work? and is it possible to change back to a default setting?

thanx

Data

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭Runfree

Yea the default Appearence setting would be

Windows Standard

or you can try

Windows Classic.

This is in the scheme once you are in the
    Display Properties --> Appearence

Change the scheme to one of the above.

Also look through the other might see something u like

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭GoneShootin

as im no brain with Xp im taking this from a win9.x standpoint

im pretty sure you could save your current appearance as a theme and save. then all you have to do import it to the laptop and away you go...

this is handy if you have a complex setup for all your windows/sounds etc....

Advertisement