Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

free games

Options
  • 07-04-2000 12:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭

you've prob heard of this by now, but www.freeloader.com is offering fully downloadabe (legally) games.

The sites not offically open yet but u can download the full version of GTA (without music)

good news for those of us with IOL no limits accounts

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,488 ✭✭✭SantaHoe

What's the catch?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

Well for starters you need frames, cookies and javascript switched on or they tell you to fuk off.

Probably installs BO2K on your machine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,488 ✭✭✭SantaHoe

Seriously, would ya' recon?
    Is it like a dodgeey site?
    I'd say they could install BeOS on my HardDrive if they wanted to.

[This message has been edited by Dead{o}Santa (edited 08-04-2000).]

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭bugs

Errrrrr , who care , wow , now i have a legal copy of game other than an illegal one , like it matters .
    Of course the coppers could be round me door tomorrow ready to nick me for downloading ****e, ......... or not

• Registered Users Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

I have all those switched on too, but my computers a mess neway. It happens when you have to share a computer with other people.

Like, I went to Germany for less than a week. I come back and somebody's reverted to DirectX 6.0 (god only knows why) and the mouse is broken.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 127 ✭✭Noel Brady

First, freeloader.com do a personal survey finding out your likes and dislikes. Then, while you are downloading the game, special advertisements, tailored to what you said in the personal analysis, flash on-screen. You don't have to click on them if you don't want to but that is how Freeloader makes its money, from banner advertising.

Other games available at the launch include Hidden & Dangerous and a rumoured downloadable version of Carmageddon. I think they go online May 1st.

Noel Brady

• Registered Users Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

Well at the moment they all look like ****ty DOS games, you know the space invader, Oh look there's a game called space invaders, oh sorry its demon invaders. Could take off lets wait and see.

John

Advertisement