Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NetSmart Reliability?

Options
  • 24-12-2002 9:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭

Hi,
    Just a question and moan on Esats Netsmart service. I've had the service for about 3 months and over the last four weeks its been a complete joke! At least a dozen times to dial in and connection speeds all over the place when connected its dropped usually within 5-10 minutes. Are Esat just taking on to many people to the point of take whats on offer and be thankful? I payed for the 80 hour a month service and can only presume that after only using 15-20 hours I'll still be charged the 25€. Even though the quality of service is piss poor! I can get I-Stream from Eircom but the price of it has put me off but if this is the best you can expect from dial-up then what other option is there? Has anyone suffering from this or is just me?:confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,077 ✭✭✭parasite

i doubt it's that they took on too many people, then it wouldn't be dropping connections at 4 in the morning, not that i'm ever on at 4 in the morning ...
    they're having internal server type problems i think, i'm sure it'll be sorted soon hopefully
    or maybe not :confused: :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭phaxx

Everyone on esat seem to be having trouble these days, service has just gone to pot.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,338 ✭✭✭Frank Grimes

Besides the browsing problems last weekend, I haven't really had any problems connecting. I normally used Esatclear's dialup before I signed up and the speeds/reliability are the same. It's well worth the 30 quid a month.

Lockup, could the problem be on your side by any chance? I seriously doubt everyone on the service (besides me) is having these types of problems.

Originally posted by Frank_Grimes
    Lockup, could the problem be on your side by any chance? I seriously doubt everyone on the service (besides me) is having these types of problems.

Most people are having trouble. Every now and then, traffic on port 80 will stop, and takes from a mninute to hours to come back, while all other ports continue unaffected. I've spoken to a few people on irc, and they all have the same problem.

Originally posted by phaxx
    Most people are having trouble. Every now and then, traffic on port 80 will stop, and takes from a mninute to hours to come back, while all other ports continue unaffected. I've spoken to a few people on irc, and they all have the same problem.

Yeah, I had those problems too, afaik everyone did.
    But he's saying something totally different.
    At least a dozen times to dial in and connection speeds all over the place when connected its dropped usually within 5-10 minutes.

I really doubt (as I said) that I'm the only person not having these problems.

• Advertisement

Ah I see, oops.

I have problems like that now and again, and there have been weeks in the past where I couldn't hold a connection for more than a few minutes. Not happening often these days.

I'm not saying the service is perfect, I've had to redial a couple of times since I started using it. But seeing as I'm not really paying for the re-connections I don't mind, and I haven't found the service unusable at any stage (besides the 2 day dodgy browsing thing, but these things happen) so I'm happy enough with it.

Advertisement