Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Suggestion: GAA Forum

• 24-12-2002 11:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 272 ✭✭

Recently, my friends and I have been campaigning for the introduction of a GAA board in the sports forum, the moderator directed me here!!!
    So, could you find it in your heart to give me and my fanatic friends somewhere to call our own?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 489 ✭✭ironbrew

I am 1 of the fanatics, and i'm also a fanatic about being a moderator![hint][hint]
    lol, naw im joking i now realise your not gonna hand a mod status out to anyones.

p.s. conor ive already checked this up and its already been done!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭_sheep

I know this is talked about the whole time, i.e introducing this board but personally i think it should be given a go, if only a short run.

Well when the season is back so it the board at least gets a fair start (wouldnt think there'd be very many people posting stuff now). Anyway i fully endorse this product and/or service

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,216 ✭✭✭phreak

is there really any need for a GAA board? Whats wrong with the existing Sports board?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 489 ✭✭ironbrew

it deosnt matter freak becasue this wont really work. I have checked it up on these boards and someone else has already tried it, and it didn't work either!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,079 ✭✭✭Mr.Applepie

That means nothing. Why just look at the kittencake forum. If that isnt a testiment(sp?) to the fact that constantly annoying admins will break their will i dont know what is?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 272 ✭✭kingconor

Well phreak, you see i feel we do need one, as angling and proffesional wrestling have one each!!!
    Also, if we can't get one on an Irish site, where do you propose we get one?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

A board for GAA is not needed. Sports isnt a busy forum really since soccer moved out.

Wrestling and Angling were created as community forums, thats why they are there

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Originally posted by Mr.Applepie
    That means nothing. Why just look at the kittencake forum. If that isnt a testiment(sp?) to the fact that constantly annoying admins will break their will i dont know what is?

Kitten Cake was created as a private forum which was requested correctly.

If you think bugging me for *anything* is a good way to get it... you really do not know me very well.

DeV.

It's irritating when my GAA friends and I get hassled by other people in the sports forum!!
    Also, how can anyone justify (on an Irish site) the lack of a GAA board, yet the presence of pro-wrestling and angling boards?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

I think that was explained Conor, bide your time old bean, bide your time until the Gah is at more pace no?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

Originally posted by kingconor
    It's irritating when my GAA friends and I get hassled by other people in the sports forum!!

Oh no!
    Why dont you request a private forum for GAA. Then the 5 of you can talk about it til the cows come home and there will be nobody to hassle you.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Originally posted by kingconor
    Also, how can anyone justify (on an Irish site) the lack of a GAA board, yet the presence of pro-wrestling and angling boards?

Can you point to a post where you have been hassled by someone in the sports forum for talking about GAA?

I'd like to see that... I would take a very dim view of it....

DeV.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

Why would there be a need to split the Sport category up at all?

It might come to the stage where the GAA forum (it being small as it would be) would have lads demanding a seperate board for everything about it like hurling for instance. DeVore seems to know well enuff that this shouldn't be done (or does he?).

This post brought to you by the links:
    http://www.boards.ie/gathering/addtoast.jpg
    http://www.boards.ie/gathering/attentionwhore.jpg
    http://www.boards.ie/gathering/troll.jpg
    http://www.boards.ie/gathering/mindboggle.jpg

But hopefully not by these:
    http://www.boards.ie/gathering/12clicked.jpg
    http://www.boards.ie/gathering/moderated.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

kingconor from what I have seen you have not been hassled unless you mean my PM to you letting you know that spamming requests on the Sports board was a no no and that you should take your arguement here.

The only other friction that comes up with regard to GAA on the sports board is Croke Park and should it be allowed for "foreign" sports. That always stirs peoples emotions.

Gandalf.

(someone please post a set my people free card !) :D

So, say if we were to ask for one again about may time, would there be a good chance of getting a forum?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 198 ✭✭Axe

I wholeheartedly agree, give them their forum, make them smile. It is badly needed as far as i can see, and i disagree that people would campaign for seperate GAA sports, as GAA sports represent only 3 sports, but "Sport" represents countless subjects. This is Ireland, after all, and therefore the only place that such a forum would have any support at all. Come on, give it a go, if only even for a trial period.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,263 ✭✭✭Caesar_Bojangle

Kitten Cake was created as a private forum which was requested correctly.

when was it created, how come i wasnt informed i love kittencake too

Advertisement