Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2002 - The List of Good Guys

Options
  • 25-12-2002 1:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,025 ✭✭✭

As a counter to the other thread:

Who were the people that pressured and pushed and screamed and helped move forward for the goal of True Flat Rate and affordable Broadband ?

In no order here are mine:

Good Guys

1. IrelandOffline
    Keeping some momentum going. Getting the word out. Getting a lot of press coverage. Still a lot to do and a lot of inner improvements to be made. A group to be feared as its potential to rock the foundations of the duopoly is strong.

2. EircomTribunal
    Balls, balls as big as houses. Saying it the way it is, when others are afraid to do so. I'm glad EircomTribunal is about since it says it so well. Keep the momentum going goes, don't give up. If you want help or assistance say so and we'll only be too glad to help.

3. UTV
    Doing not saying. You went ahead and brought out the package. But you did so much more. You came to these boards and talked to your customers, you changed the packages for us. You showed the other two gimps how it should be done.

4. IrelandOffline Members
    Trying to educate the sheep of the population about the wolves and how they are being ripped off. Keeping interest going, getting on to your TDs and the ASAI and sharing knowledge with each other. Stand up and take a bow guys n gals.

5. Adam Beecher
    A great PRO for IrelandOffline when you were there. Now a great independent voice on these forums and someone not afraid to criticize the direction IrelandOffline is taking. Him being a Corkonian makes it even better. (OK I'm slightly biased since he is also in the CorkWAN with me )

7. The IOFFL Forum Mods
    Dustaz and Sceptre. Well done lads. Doing a great great job.

8. The Press
    Well done lads, you have copped on to this battle. Keep reminding the people.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I agree with all those listed except the press, there are still
    pockets of ignorance in the media and it took far too long for the press to pay serious attention to this countries dismal internet infrastructure. My top heros would have to be the guys at UTVip.

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭flamegrill

Originally posted by mike65
    I agree with all those listed except the press, there are still
    pockets of ignorance in the media and it took far too long for the press to pay serious attention to this countries dismal internet infrastructure. My top heros would have to be the guys at UTVip.

Mike.

I'm of the same opinion as Mike. The press are slow when it comes to the issues we are all fighting for.

Paul

• Registered Users Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭iwb

Niall O' Donnchu at the DCMNR and some others there. These guys are definately on the right track. Hopefully we see more along the same lines from these guys.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Thanks Damien. How much do I owe you?

heh

adam

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 Griff667

UTV for the number 1 spot. The launch of UTVip really put ESATBT's pathetic original offer to shame, not to mention their excellent customer support and constant improvement of the service.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,529 ✭✭✭zynaps

Actually I think esat did good in coming out with nolimits.
    Yeah, they kicked off a load of people and stopped offering it to new customers, but...

Unless you mean something else by original service (netSMRT?)

zynaps

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Originally posted by zynaps
    Unless you mean something else by original service (netSMRT?)
    Esat's original offer on Netsmart was 90 hours. When UTV came out with a product, Esat got, er, SMARTer and upped it to 120 (still shy of UTV's 150 mind you)

(thanks for the compliment btw yellum)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭MagicBusDriver

NetSmart does not require a change is phone service, which will make it slightly more expensive. It also has better latency. It is the right package for a certain percentage of the people.

Advertisement