Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Currently Playing

Options
  • 25-12-2002 9:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭

Well now that a lot of people have received new games it is time to ask what is everyone playing.

On the P.C
    The Thing
    Battlefield 1942

On the X-Box
    Halo
    Blinx: The Time Sweeper

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

Hmm, been very busy lately, but current playing (or "will play in the next while") list includes Shadow Hearts (PS2), which I picked up cheap recently and have been really enjoying, Golden Sun (GBA) which I got for Christmas, Splinter Cell (Xbox) and Metroid Prime (GC) which I really need to play more of, and Suikoden III (PS2) which is hopefully winging its way to me from the USA.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

Man ! do u have all the consoles ?

Well i am playing vice city (PS2) sick of tekken (PS2) still have to play FFX (Ps2) sick of warioland4 and street fighter 2 (GBA)
    will be getting a DC soon so Marvel vs capcom 2 (DC)
    Street fighter 3 New generation (DC)

P.s : FFXI is out for pc in japan and is multiplayer !!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭Repli

PC: Age of Mythology and CS
    Console: Turok evolution

• Closed Accounts Posts: 209 ✭✭Johnny Gomez

PS2: Kingdom Hearts
    This Is Football 2003

PC: Stronghold

• Registered Users Posts: 2,872 ✭✭✭segadreamcast

Splinter Cell (XBox) - Amazing, reminds me of Headhunter a bit though - anyone else get that feeling?

Super Mario Sunshine (GC) - Eh. It's fun which is the point I suppose... good game and all don't get me wrong - but then I realise I'm flying around on a water pack shooting some kind of gloop...

Kingdom Hearts (PS2) - I look like a right child, don't I? I like how this project came together though - amazed it hasn't caught the general public a bit better.

Vice City (PS2) - I'd have more to say about the soundtrack than the game - both are superb but the soundtrack is really on another level.

Unreal Championship (XBox) - A bit ... well... disappointing.

Timesplitters 2 (XBox) - The more you play, the better it gets. Nowhere near dethroning Halo - though they do have different styles I have to admit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 897 ✭✭✭Greenbean

Giving Commandos 2 a run out on the Pc again. Its damn good, if very time consuming (ideal for christmas). Think MGS mixed with Deus Ex emergent gameplay, mixed with a detailed 2d isometric view (based on buildings/soldiers etc). I also think this much underrated (or recognised) game is even going cheap these days, a very good buy.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭DiscoStu

A good 15 hours into xenogears at the moment. ive also started final fantasy 8 again. also been giving marvel versus capcom a good going over to. then there is bust a move 2, mario64, zelda64, seiken densetsu 3 and breath of fire 2 all at certain stages of completedness.

Kingdom Hearts (PS2) - I look like a right child, don't I?

If you do, how do I look? I made a trip to London and paid £60 for an import copy of it the weekend it came out in the USA :) Really good game - I like it loads. It has its faults but I'm still looking forward to the sequel massively.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭strat

Mainly Natural Selection, little Counter-Strike some Bridge Builder and I intend starting on MOH-Spearhead expansion pack.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭GoneShootin

PC - just finished GTA3

PC - NOLF 2

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

Massive assault, natural selection, and a bit of Age of Mythology, odd game of TFC aswell.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

given up on finishing gta3 100%, can't be arsed to do those offroad missions:mad:
    playing jedi knight 2 at the mo, and that is seriously wrecking my cake:(
    5 minutes of gameplay followed by 20 minutes of figuring out wtf i have to do next... class game nonetheless.

playing metroid fusion as well, pretty much given up on the last boss tho ('nut sax' as i affectionatly call it)

got soldier of fortune 2 aswell, but i'm getting a bit sick of the q3 engine games tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 2,020 ✭✭✭Ry

PC: None at the moment but last game I finished was Hitman 2. Now I'm about to go out and buy a new one with christmas funds.

PS2: Lord of the Rings (Class game tbh get it if you haven't already)

Ry

• Registered Users Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭STaN

Natural Selection (PC)
    Team Fortress Classic (PC)

noel, shinji get some pc games skills ;)

Oh yes, I'm positively sporting wood in anticipation of playing some more mods for Half-Life... Oooh, or maybe a few more utterly uninspired FPS games, that could be just GREAT! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

PC: still playing GTA3, been playing it since it was released on pc what's that about 5 months? 96% atm, will finally quit when I get the 100%. :)

And the plan is to buy a PS2 tomorrow, so that'll mean lots of Pro Ev 2 and Gran Turismo 3.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

PC

LOTR awful awful game.
    Spearhead online only.
    BF Desert Combat got me back on this online only.
    Test Drive its not road rash
    Need fpr speed its not road rash
    Age of Mythology great game will finish SP soon :D
    Ace Lightning got it for kids but strangley playable.
    Global Ops crap
    Fifa 2003 online footy but still crap.
    Hitman 2 yet to leave the church in opening level.(have it 2 months )
    Fakk2 dunno why i started playing this again.
    New World Order crashes PC on 1st level

Not installed but recently liberated from my job.
    Deadly Dozen 2
    SOF2
    Project Eden
    Tony Hawk 3

KdjaC

• Registered Users Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭BKtje

PC: UT, UT2k3, Mafia, BF1942, Asgerons Call

Ps2: Vice City

• Registered Users Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭Monty - the one and only

PC: Natural Selection, Haegemonia, Red Alert 2:Yuri's
    Revenge
    GC: Resident Evil, Metroid Prime :)
    DC: Phantasy Star Online(still a great game online, not to mention bloody adictive :))

Hey , i am getting a dc soon off a friend for 30 euros , does the online thing still work ? does it come with a modem ? what are the rates per min or whatever .

Thanks .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭Acidflash

Xbox - Halo and Desert Storm

PC - nothing at the moment, the last thing i played was GTA 3

• Registered Users Posts: 2,872 ✭✭✭segadreamcast

Originally posted by Shinji
    If you do, how do I look? I made a trip to London and paid £60 for an import copy of it the weekend it came out in the USA :) Really good game - I like it loads. It has its faults but I'm still looking forward to the sequel massively.

I'm really behind the times it seems - I didn't even know there was a sequel! Ah well, at least now I can hide behind Shinji if anyone decides to poke fun at me about it...
    Originally posted by Stan
    noel, shinji get some pc games skills

I don't really believe in PC gaming for some reason. I'm "lame" like that, if you will.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭Swifty

Super mario sunshine agus GTA: Vice city. Both feckin' exlellench

Bhi me ag sceitimini orm nuair a d'oscail me on package with 2 gaems! Thit mo jaw ar an urlar nuair a chonaic me l33t graphics sa Super MArio Sunshine. Chaith me St. stephens day ag sugradh na cluichi riomhaire agus fuair me epileptic fit.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

PC: RTCW (got the urge again after watching "Where Eagles Dare" on TV), Flashpoint, BF1942, BGII, Insane, IWar2:EoC, Mohaa Spearhead.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭DiscoStu

Is indedepence war 2 any good? its one game ive been meaning to get for ages but never bothered.

I don't really believe in PC gaming for some reason. I'm "lame" like that, if you will

il take gta3 for the pc for example
    -advantages :
    1) edit skins , cars , etc
    2) Listen to your mp3s in the car
    3) Probably mods in the future .

Pc gamming has its disadvantages But COUNTER STRIKE :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭GoneShootin

i almost picked up Insane in Smyths but I had to wrestle my mind off the idea as I already had GTA3. Plus I almost bought Midtown Madness. GTA more or less has these 2 games as part of its own really....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭The Gopher

Was playing The Getaway until a few days ago.Gets off to a sluggish start but you get to like it.
    Now playing GTA Vice City,very good so far,though the storyline was better in GTA3 I thought.
    As for PC gaming I have more games than I have hair on my arse.I just seem to have accumulated so many from magazines and friends and so on.Theyre all mixed up within all the crap internet free cds and I cant be arsed searching them out.Im not hugely into PC gaming-PS2 and other consoles are alot better IMO.
    I also bought Headhunter the other day for £15 but havent got around to playing.Is it any good?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭Doodee

is this going to end up like the What r u currently listening to ones on the rock/metal or radio forums.
    if it is thenSticky'n it may be good.

Super mario world 2 on GBA. got nuffin else to play over here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

Originally posted by Gone Shootin
    i almost picked up Insane in Smyths but I had to wrestle my mind off the idea as I already had GTA3. Plus I almost bought Midtown Madness. GTA more or less has these 2 games as part of its own really....

Insane isn't really like GTA, except that it has cars. It's more like Q3 CTF in dune buggies minus the weapons.

IWar2:EoC is a great game, very atmospheric.
    The graphics are also top-notch, nice a smooth and really make you feel at home. I got stuck on it a while abck and haven't gone abck to it yet.
    Might do so soon again though once I get the disc from home.

Advertisement