Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Warhammer Dark Omen

Options
  • 07-04-2000 12:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,661 ✭✭✭

Started playing this today. It's not a great game but worth playing.

Anyways, I heard there is a sequel, but I don't think it's called Warhammer. Does anyone know what it's called?

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

The original was called Shadow of The Horned Rat. Funnily enough, it's about the Skaven wink.gif

Dark Omen is definately better. The interface is much, much better and graphics are too smile.gif

Enjoy!

All the best,

Dav
    @B^)
    http://homepage.eircom.net/~davitt

• Registered Users Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭Illkillya

I used to have Shadow of the horned rat, it was a bit boring on my old slow computer, but i liked it anyway, twas a bit hard though too. Dark omen, i got a demo, only the first level, and it was fairly similar i thought. BUt i saw a review of it in some games magazine and it got 5 stars out of 5

• Registered Users Posts: 6,661 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

It's a ***** to play. The AI is suicidally stupid. If a calvary unit is the first seen by the enemy they'll try to kill that first, so you just parade them up and down in front of your crossbows until the enemy is thinned out.

It's a ***** to play cos of the sheer numbers of enemy troops only. The mission I'm stuck on now, you have to defeat at least 4 times your own men.

That the one where you're trying to get up a mountain pass? I was stuck on that one for ages - Skeletons after skeletons after skeletons!
    FS!!!

All the best,

Dav
    @B^)

• Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 5,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭Maximilian

hmmm, Kharn. Isn't that the name of a Warhammer God?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

i had sothr for the playstation.
    twas brillo
    wouldnt mind gettin me mitts on the second coz i love that sort of stuff
    any other games like that?

Originally posted by Maximilian:
    hmmm, Kharn. Isn't that the name of a Warhammer God?

Hop over to the After Hours board and you'll see where it came from. Khorne is the Chaos God of Blood, Skulls and other nasty things like that mad.gifmad.gifmad.gif

Here's a dreadnought for fun mad.gif
    CDREAD.JPEG

All the best,

Dav
    @B^)

• Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 5,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭Maximilian

ah, yes. my mistake. Wouldn't a wh40k fps be nice?

It's on it's way - you play the role of an Everser Assissin. Blue's had screenshots of it AGES ago - I think Q2 or Unreal engine.

mad.gifBLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD!!! mad.gif

cool.gif

All the best,

Dav
    @B^)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Dermighty

Started playing this again recently having not played it for 16 years, the memories came flooding back! I practically knew the curscenes verbatim.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,403 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,113 ✭✭✭shruikan2553

Sweet emperor this is old. There's nothing left to make a zombie from it

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭strangel00p

Dermighty wrote: »
    Started playing this again recently having not played it for 16 years, the memories came flooding back! I practically knew the curscenes verbatim.

just reinstalled it, amazed it works so well on windows 7. Used to love this game, but it was too difficult on later levels.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

I don't think I've seen a 14 year old thread ever resurrected on here before.......fair play for using the ol Searchin function though :P

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,364 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

At 14 years old, I think it's probably best starting a new thread here or over in PC Gaming if you want to discuss the game :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement