Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

boot.ini in Win ME

• 26-12-2002 12:33am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭

i have Windows ME and installed Win2k on it too, now i want to remove Win2k from the Dual boot menu without it getting angry with me :)
    heres now my boot.ini looks the c:\="Microsoft Windows" is the line referring to ME im told. what do i remove before setting the boot timeout to 0...wanting it to boot straight to ME, thanks :)

[boot loader]
    timeout=30
    default=multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINNT
    [operating systems]
    multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINNT="Microsoft Windows 2000 Professional" /fastdetect
    c:\="Microsoft Windows"

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭spongebob

Originally posted by Ruu
    i have Windows ME and installed Win2k on it too, now i want to remove Win2k from the Dual boot menu without it getting angry with me :)
    heres now my boot.ini looks the c:\="Microsoft Windows" is the line referring to ME im told. what do i remove before setting the boot timeout to 0...wanting it to boot straight to ME, thanks :)

[boot loader]
    timeout=30
    default=multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINNT
    [operating systems]
    multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINNT="Microsoft Windows 2000 Professional" /fastdetect

I reduced the lingering on the boot menu to 3 seconds from 30 and removed references to w2k and made winme the default

[boot loader]
    timeout=3
    default=multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)c:\="Microsoft Windows"
    [operating systems]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

hehe yep thats the right way to do it, thanks Muck :)
    since posting i was fiddling around with it, and i came up with setting Win ME as the default and heres what im using which works grand, boots right thru the startup screen and thru to Windows :)

[boot loader]
    timeout=0
    default=c:\
    [operating systems]

thanks tho :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 tvman

Sorry no advice here just another question...

I had xp installed on my second drive, I deleted it but was left with the dual O.S. choice at startup.
    Will the advice given here work for me too!

Thanks
    tvman

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

yeah it should be pretty much the same :)

Advertisement