Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A Question

Options
  • 26-12-2002 1:02am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 159 ✭✭

this is from
    http://www.eircomtribunal.com/dossier_splitter.html

Line splitters cannot be legally installed since April 2002, and you should not put up with it. If you are hobbled by one and want to "break free", write to Eircom demanding its removal and send a copy to ComReg as reference.

How would you know if your phone line have an splitter?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,633 ✭✭✭stormkeeper

Well, the teltale signs would be if you could connect at 28k, if you are lucky, maybe 33.6k (from what i heard somewhere). But, from my experiences (having written the article), I get quite long dialups, as well as needing about 3-4 attempts before i get online. Even worse, it's sometimes taken ame about 20 times to connect in a day.

Also, you could follow your phone line to see if it goes up to one of those big boxy yokes (known as a DACs box, or line splitter). Another thing would be if you have degraded voice calls.

Hope that helps a bit

• Closed Accounts Posts: 159 ✭✭molinaalexis

Thanks for the explanation.

I do not have all those simptoms, an I am connecting at 52 kb/s acording to the little 2 monitors that tell me the speed of the connection.

No problem. :)

I can tell you for a fact that you don't have a line splitter, so go and make the most of it :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,025 ✭✭✭yellum

Can anyone provide pics of DACs on poles or something ? This way we can identify them in our area.

On poles? Erm.. The only one i have is the one in my house, but i'll post up alink for it

Here's the link of my one (unmodified):

http://www.emulation-storm.com/other/piccies/splitter.jpg

and, you can go to the eircom tribunal site and look at the splitter article or the flash movie to see it used in them.

• Advertisement
Advertisement