Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

7650 - Email Help please!

• 26-12-2002 2:02am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 449 ✭✭

Morning!

I hope you all had a good xmas!

Got myself one of the wonderous 7650s about 2 weeks ago and I love it to bits!

Anyway, I'm with o2 and got it setup to access an O2 mailbox no problems. Was sending pics thru that account for the last while. I only really setup an o2 mail as a temp account. So today, I wanted to send some pics to ppl via email and it did not work :-(. Kept getting errors on the phone. So I tried phoning the o2 tech support and they said there was trouble with passwords. Also, I tried sending a mail thru the website and I got an SMTP error and the mail did not send.

So I setup my home (ntlworld.ie) primary account on the phone. Got this setup but it only lets me send emails to username@ntlworld.ie accounts. It does not allow me to send emails to anything else. An error message pops up saying to check email settings etc. But I have and I cannot see anything wrong! POP3 and SMTP are both Ntl servers. Is that correct?

If anyone has any thoughts on this, please let me know.

Thanks,
    spanner_head

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Originally posted by spanner_head
    So I setup my home (ntlworld.ie) primary account on the phone. Got this setup but it only lets me send emails to username@ntlworld.ie accounts. It does not allow me to send emails to anything else. An error message pops up saying to check email settings etc. But I have and I cannot see anything wrong! POP3 and SMTP are both Ntl servers. Is that correct?

If anyone has any thoughts on this, please let me know.

Thanks,
    spanner_head

If you can send email to people@ntlworld.ie then chances are your setup is fine. In UCD, there is a system like this, whereby students can check their POP email via dial-up from anywhere and send emails to other @student.ucd.ie or @ucd.ie addresses only. If you access the SMTP server from inside the college network you can send email to any address anywhere. This prevents spammers being allowed use the system for spam relay. This sounds like the same deal with ntlworld. You can only send email to non-ntlworld.ie email addresses if you're dialled up with them.

Try a third-party (ie non-ISP) company for your POP email account and you should be able to mail anyone. :)

Advertisement