Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flip on the telly wrestle with jimmy.

Options
  • 26-12-2002 4:03am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 655 ✭✭✭

yey!

soundtrack to sweet and lowdown you ****ing beauty!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,330 ✭✭✭✭Amz

I wish the pubs were open now......

I need bOOze

Im too sober for this hour of the morning!

Gimme Gimme Shock Treatment!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭Pigman

Originally posted by Amz
    I wish the pubs were open now......

I need bOOze

Im too sober for this hour of the morning!

Gimme Gimme Shock Treatment!

Oh you poor poor thing. Bertie should susbsidise St.Nick to drop six-packs down the chimney just for us incurable booze-hounds.

Damn right he should!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 406 ✭✭the66electric

Christmas day and st. stephens day are jaw droppingly boring. every year it gets worse and worse.

Originally posted by Amz
    Damn right he should!!!!

Well that won't make it happen!

Vote for a leader who condones alcohol purely as form of a indulgence in itself rather than just as a powerful tool to distract the masses from theif unsatisfactory life and governmental incompetance.

Vote for pigman.

• Advertisement

i dunno would you throw in a free packet of peanuts?

Originally posted by Amz
    i dunno would you throw in a free packet of peanuts?
    Absolutely. Dryroasted or readysalted? I am mr democracy after all

i think dry roasted for the havent brushed yer teeth for a year aroma thats so unique to the irish public house patron

• Closed Accounts Posts: 726 ✭✭✭lamda

I had me quite a lotta champagne to help me get through three hours of soaps..hurrah!! And stephens day was quite a lot of Bucks Fizz, Smirnoff Ice and red wine - really its the only way to get through the holiday!!!

yeah wine does help 'cept my darling mother decided she'd lock the room where the wine was in case it sprouted legs and came upstairs with me.......

stupid sobriety!!

I STILL WANT MY PEANUTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18 crashtestmonkey

I love WEEZER!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 406 ✭✭the66electric

me too. 'pinkerton' rules all.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭D-Generate

Everyone loves Weezer, "Pinkerton" is their best album.

Since they lost theri original bassist the quality of theri songs has disimproved the blue album and pinkerton are definitely their best work though!

WHERE ARE MY FECKIN PEANUTS?!!

Originally posted by Amz
    WHERE ARE MY FECKIN PEANUTS?!! [/B]

Don't worry. Peanut dispension is my number one priority ..... once elected.

I picked up Weezer blue the other day. Haven't listened to it yet. Liked the sweater-song but is is REALLY any good?

well i suppose like most albums there mite be one or two tracks you dont like, i like a few of the tracks particularly say it aint so and the sweater song but others are good too. id say its not as good as pinkerton but its far better than the green album and maladrot (or whatever its called)

• Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭Splinters

fully agree with everyone on here, pinkerton is absolutely amazing, the blue one too. when i heard that they were finally making a new album (when they were doing the green one) i was exstatic but when i got it i was sooooooooo dissapointed, it does have a few really good songs and so does maladroit but its just not the same weezer i used to love so much, both the last 2 albums sound like they were written in a few hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭Splinters

by the way if anyone of yous havent heard any of their older b-sides id strongly recomend finding them or downloading them, they are every bit as good as a lot of the album tracks. songs like mykel and karli (really nice song about 2 friends of theirs that died a while ago), jamie (electric and acoustic versions), i just threw out the love of my dreams (great female vocals on this one but i cant remember who sings on it), you gave your love to me softly (my personal fave) and velouria (pixies cover)

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭Conor20

Well I have to say that Weezer seem to be the most communially liked band in the whole world. Everybody likes them! When I was at the leeds festival last year everybody was lookin faward to seein them, even all those in Korn and Slipknot hoodies. It was cool.
    Although Pinketron is their best album I think SIAS is their best song, Maladroit is really underated though just cause its not as accessible as The Blue Album its still class.

Conor.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 655 ✭✭✭Raggamuffin

the last two albums were truly poor efforts

and the bassist leaving was a key problem

he started some other band called "the rentals" and they had like one or 2 good songs.

Songs to download (b-sdie wise)

Sweater song (weezer and sonic youth)

Suzanne

California

Devotion.
    oh and "the dukes of hazzard theme tune"done by weezer

• Advertisement

"The Rentals" had been due to play whelans in january or something but unfortunately it was cancelled

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 crashtestmonkey

I definitly think Pinkerton is their most creative effort. Blue album is my favorite, Green seemed to whine on a lot, except for "Hashpipe" which was just a simple straight forward rock song, very cool. Maledroit hasnt really stuck to me yet, but I do like one or two of the songs off of it.
    One thing that upset me for a while was when Rivers was quoted in Guitar Player Mag that "Hates my fans because they are a bunch of whiney bitches"
    Now, I don't know exactly what he meant by that, and if he was joking or not, but it pissed me off a little. I'm over it now though. But I pose this one question, isn't Rivers calling the kettle black when he makes statements like that?

Advertisement