Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

VOIP and IM on your home network

Options
  • 26-12-2002 3:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,300 ✭✭✭

does anyone know of a program that will let me make voice calls over my network and also send IMs??i want to be able to do this without access to the internet being provided.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭spongebob

i find it helpful to shout at my wife in these circumstances, especially if she wont let H323 thru her firewall
    '
    use MIRC in dcc mode instead of an IM as you wish to stay offline

M

• Registered Users Posts: 3,300 ✭✭✭irishguy

ill try the mirc idea,but i would also like to try VOIP just 2 see what its like.also the other guy i am connected to i talk to quite alot to on the phone so it would be much cheaper for me

• Registered Users Posts: 5,406 ✭✭✭ando

I used to use a program called 'teamspeak'. I used it when online gaming with a few m8's from abroad. We use to discuss tactics during an online game. It was great hearing all the different german, english and scottish accents for no extra cost :eek: !!

One person has to have the server version of the application, the rest of the ppl have the client version

Advertisement