Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

O2 sms program..

• 26-12-2002 4:59pm
    Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭

OK, I'm not too sure weather to put this here or in programming,
    move if yea want, but provide link ;)

Right, I was in a UK chat room there eariler today, and saw someone had made a program that they can send sms messages through their o2 account,
    its much handier than having to log into the webpage and all that...
    I was wodering, has anyone made one of these themself's?
    for their 500 free messages on o2..

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 423 ✭✭Dizz

Y not just use ICQ - unlimited txts tho it'll throttle ur txt sending if you try spamming via one of the many programming interfaces available

Andy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,025 ✭✭✭yellum

Did you ask the guy for the proggy ?

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

Yes, I ahve the program yellum..
    Hes not too keen on giving me his source.. becuase its interface is ripped off another program.. :/
    I can send it to you if ya want(48k)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,025 ✭✭✭yellum

Do please. I might know someone that could rev eng it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭Acidflash

Originally posted by Lenny
    someone had made a program that they can send sms messages through their o2 account,
    its much handier than having to log into the webpage and all that...

Any chance i could get a copy of that?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 144 ✭✭spaczed

yeh i'd love to get my hands on a copy- that is, if there was one floating around.......? The O2 web sms interface is so long to get thru. :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 421 ✭✭drrnwbb

i use a small programme called smspop on my computer. for 5dollars i get 80sms. and its a nice simple interface.

this programme sounds cool, i still have my o2 sim card (im living in finland now) so if lenny wants to send it to me that would be cool (and save me loads of money!)

dw

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

Sorry about the delay, forgot about the topic :p
    mail me, or add me to your msn and I'll send/email it to you, though bear in mind it only works for o2 in UK and locus and some other site that gives 50 txts a month

ojthe1st at hotmail.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 772 ✭✭✭Chaos-Engine

If you are in Uni in DCU or Trinity then join your NETSOC...
    There should be a program on it called "o2sms"
    Should be what your lookig for...

perhaps otehr colleges have similar... get your own shell from an online provider and set one up too :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,007 ✭✭✭Moriarty

Mate of mine has recently enough written a proggy, interfaces with o2, lycos and tiscali to give 550 free/month. Its here.

• Advertisement

Thats the exzact person that wrote the program...
    It only works with O2 in uk...

Program updated for o2.ie :D
    Pitty o2 is under technical dificulties.. :(

http://unfunf.co.uk/o2sms/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 287 ✭✭donaloconnor

http://www.kerrypages.com/text/

click the start of the box, press insert and type away. This way you have no ad on your msgs. But you must loggin once u send, but once logged in just press back and click send again and walla, + there is away of bypassing the 500 limit a month 2. O well i got bored one day :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,924 ✭✭✭Cork

Greetings from Sunny Cork!

This is a very good program. You gaet to type a text of standard length. Fair Play.

Am I using it wrong or something?
    But all its sending me to my phone is ",Free web text - www.o2.ie."

Ahh, I see it only removes the ad if you use all the charaters to type the messasge..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 939 ✭✭✭Zyox

Originally posted by donaloconnor
    http://www.kerrypages.com/text/

click the start of the box, press insert and type away. This way you have no ad on your msgs. But you must loggin once u send, but once logged in just press back and click send again and walla, + there is away of bypassing the 500 limit a month 2. O well i got bored one day :D

Link broken :sob:

Tis workin for me now..

agh feck, no i mean

that link
    sorry, silly confused me

Can't believe that ye achually like it lol. Was a pretty good idea tho. But I'll fix it so that you won't have that 500 txt message limit too later when i get time even tho i doubt any1 will need that many but o well u wudn't know. But is this legal? I don't see any law against using a sms gateway but using a different method?

• Advertisement

Originally posted by Zyox
    agh feck, no i mean

that link
    sorry, silly confused me
    Thats working too.

wasn't for quite a few days there....

Thank's though

Anyone been using this program?
    I've been using it since it was made, I think its brillant.. but only one slight problem.. have o2 cop'd onto to it onw?
    Cause when I log in, go to the url, type in my message and send.. it loads o2 screen "your message has not been sent" and the logon screen appears again.
    ned to be updated or whats the craic? :)

Which program are you talking about? O2SMS? is it any good

I am talking about your web one..
    the O2SMS, I could never get to work properly, it would log in and take 1 message from yea and say it was sent, though no messages ever sent..

ok cool, well go the the webby thing then type in message ands tuff then send-> then log in, then u come to o2s message thing. now click back till u get to my webby thing again then click send this time and it sends. Just need to log in. Nope i don't think o2 coped on 2 it hehe, well happy txting :p

All I am getting now is
    Forbidden
    You don't have permission to access /text/ on this server.

Apache/1.3.20 Server at www.kerrypages.com Port 80

Any chance in fixing it donal :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

that 02SMS prog .. is class have been useing it for ages now .. really class

thats to teh dude who put the link up

You mean dougal's web one?
    yea its deadly the way it removes the "free web txt o2.ie"
    we want it back! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,525 ✭✭✭irishgeo

i keep getting an error in the O2SMS program. Its says everytime incorrect login.

Advertisement