Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

O2 sms program..

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,579 ✭✭✭Webmonkey

hehe...well I will work on a new script in my own time that will allow you to do what that can do and without having to log in each time :D

./Webmonkey

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

Work away and post up the link in your own time :D

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

That o2 sms gateway one..
    I used that to send about 10.. and now I have 0 messages left for this month :confused:
    I know sometimes it says you have 0 left, but its saying I have 0 left all day and can't send nothin
    anyone else have this problem?

****, never use it, same thing happened me and now my txter thingy won't work either :o

o2 must have seen that program and cut people off if they use it

O wait mine still works hehe :D

Looks like ye mite stil be using mine: http://www.tech-review.net/text/

./Webmonkey :D

• Advertisement

I got my 500 back again today
    o2 seem to give out about 500 every few days, and I think they did cut it too
    I couldn't get your txt thingy to work either after it said I had 0 left..
    can you get it to work?

hmm, I used that o2 sms gateway to send 1 message there, and now I have 0 txtxs left..
    bollax :(

I think it could be used to get your user+pass and then when it has them it uses it to send sms spam?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,924 ✭✭✭Cork

Originally posted by Lenny
    hmm, I used that o2 sms gateway to send 1 message there, and now I have 0 txtxs left..
    bollax :(

I think it could be used to get your user+pass and then when it has them it uses it to send sms spam?

The same thing has just happened me. Change you 02, folks.

For the sake of a few words of advertising - it is not worth it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

only veird thing happened to me with this

http://netsoc.tcd.ie/~mackers/o2sms.php

was when my g/f txtd me, each msg came twice.

still have 490 txts for this month altho they only rolled over a few days ago.

My txt's have been restored to 500 now again :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,924 ✭✭✭Cork

My texts are restored to 499. But when I send a message the following comes up:

"You have 0 messages remaining this month"

then I clink on send another & I have 498 remaining.

There is probably nothing wrong with these services - but for a few words of advertising it no big deal.

The o2 SMS service is slow. Meteor & Eircell allow a multiple text option. Where you can text the same text to 5 numbers.

A phone book with these online versions like the old:

www.mtnsms.com

would be handy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

yea Cork, thats a common prob with the o2 web sms.

around hal the times my g/f goes to txt me, either the site wont accept my un or pw, or it tells her she has zero txts left.

I've gotten the wrong password thing many a times
    They doi have a phone book option, but its for group sms,
    vodafone are poo they only give you 30 a months and allow to send to 087
    None of my mates are on 087

• Registered Users Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Ro-76

I've been using this program, and must say it's excellent.

The problem I'm having is that when at work, connected through a proxy server, it works perfectly, whereas when connected through my owm dialup connection, I get a "Failed (web server timed out)" error.

I cannot understand why this would happen, since the problem I ususally have is restrictions on my net access at work, NOT at home on my dialup connection.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Ro

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,925 ✭✭✭RainyDay

Meteor & Eircell allow a multiple text option. Where you can text the same text to 5 numbers.

Hi Cork - O2 have a 'group text' facility on their website which is quite sophisticated. You can have up to 500 people in your address book, and set up any number of groups. You can add/remove members from groups at will. You can then send texts to groups either from the website or from your phone, and you're only charged for 2 out of every 3 recipients. You can also schedule group texts to be sent out at some time in the future.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭suppafly

so i'm just wondering if any of ye r still have the disappearing texts thing still going on (where u suddenlt went from 500 to very low number)? Also i don't mind the bit of advertising at the end of the text just that thing of having to sign in and everything, its much faster just to go to that on website. Is it still dodgy though? Have 02 coped on and r they punishing(maybe by cutting u off as ye were suggesting?

Well i've being using my program now for ages, just for the sack (as you say) not having to wait for o2.ie/home to load, damn slow it is. and the ad off its a bonus but o2 never cut my txts down, i go downto 0 allrite sometimes but that happened even with their own txt thing. But it hope straight up shorly after and if it says 0 that odesn't mean that it hasn't sent, their security for stopping u is just some client javascript hehe how lame.

anywyaz i'm using it away happy

./Webmonkey :D

i used yur one a few times last night, when i came across this thread, to check if it worked, and sure enough it did, but it still have the <free webtext - o2.ie> at the end. In fact it wasn't really at the end anymore it was like right at the end of the text(like where i stopped writing eg "does this work <free webtext - o2.ie>" , and it was in bold too!! whats the story?

I know it mite be a bit awkword but click the start, press insert and type away and if u press delete u must fill that space again, so the thing must stay at 0 or else the ad will come.

oh right, thats why it came up so, cuz i press delete a good few times, i'll try it again, thanks

• Advertisement

Bit weird to get round to, but worth it :D
    Some people think I have massave ammounts of credit, lol

• Registered Users Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Ro-76

Hi,

Does anyone have a problem using this with a dialup connection, as opposed to a LAN connection?

I can never use this program with my dialup connection, but it works perfectly with my LAN connection, through a firewall, at work.

Any help would be great.

Thanks,

Ro

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

Just to let people know that teh latest version 2.4.5 doesn't work for 02.ie

2.4.3 workes for me fine

Webmonkey.. your url is down again.. :)

Oh my....domains expiring like crazy ..that time of the year again :D

here you go a full domain dedicated to it.

www.kerrycardealers.com

i think its a bit better now as u can do it all in one window?

have fun :p

Yea tha way is better now for sending the same message to multiple people without having to go back
    Thanks again :D

rofl, that way is good because you can keep pressing the send button(on cable here) so the page loads quick an can send quite a few messages in a few seconds :)

btw, does your way still work so the limit is removed?

rofl, that way is good because you can keep pressing the send button(on cable here) so the page loads quick an can send quite a few messages in a few seconds :)

btw, does your way still work so the limit is removed?

hehe :D

I believe that o2 have the limit stopper sent on the client side (javascript on the browser) So i think you should be able to go over the 500 mark

But i am developing a more convienent method now that will allow you to login, send sms (without having to press insert and have loads of spaces there) all in one go and you won't even see the o2 site either. Might add a few features to it also. I'm half thinking of developing a dedicated site to it ...allowing u to sign up send unlimited messages, and organise stuff online like contacts and stuff.

Tho id say it won't last 2 long as o2 wud probb make me shut it down :p

Ne ways ill give it a try :D

'have fun

Well, only 1 way to find out the limiter, I have 278 txtx's to send...
    About your site.. if it gets big 02 will deffo shut it down, like the other site were it takes all your sms txtx's off yea
    though adding contacts would be nice, I like the way the o2 is at the bottom as you know when the sms is sent and kinda confirmed when the site loads.

that login thing doens't work for me
    I type user an pass press login an it doens't log me in, but I logged in manually and its grand

one thing that annoys me about that site is it logs you out very quick, less than half an hour
    want to make the page reload every 20 mins or so, so yea stay logged in?

and why do yea have to press insert, one thing always wondered..

• Advertisement

Well, only 1 way to find out the limiter, I have 278 txtx's to send...
    About your site.. if it gets big 02 will deffo shut it down, like the other site were it takes all your sms txtx's off yea
    though adding contacts would be nice, I like the way the o2 is at the bottom as you know when the sms is sent and kinda confirmed when the site loads.

that login thing doens't work for me
    I type user an pass press login an it doens't log me in, but I logged in manually and its grand

one thing that annoys me about that site is it logs you out very quick, less than half an hour
    want to make the page reload every 20 mins or so, so yea stay logged in?

and why do yea have to press insert, one thing always wondered..

I'll mess round ne ways with the new site even if o2 do shut it down :p

But the login . its very strange..i can login on this computer no bother but any other computer can't. I have cleared all cookies and all but still does it.

I know what you mean by the way u like to see if its confirmed well i'll be able to send a message back to the site from o2 letting u know if it sent or failed ;)

As for the insert...its an easy way of overwriting all the spaces in that box. See the spaces kinda kick out the o2 free web text ad ;) but I'm planning in making this easier by adding the spaces afterwords automatically.
    like my test script :
    http://www.kerrypages.com/texttest/str?thestring=Hello%20this%20is%20a%20text%20test&char=.

This just basically ads on a . up to 160 chars to ur message. These will obviously be site to blank spaces but easier to see by using the full stop there.

I know what you mean by the log out in 1/2 hour. I'll put a meta refresh tag or something in there later on tonight to keep the o2 site active.

Thats it for now :)

edit->
    By the way i figured out the reason you couldn't login.When you try - in IE you will see a red icon bottom left saying Privacy Report. Double click and you'll see that its refusing cookies from o2 so basically all you have to do is right click on the link and say Always accept cookies from this site. And all should work out good. :)

Advertisement