Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

O2 sms program..

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,579 ✭✭✭Webmonkey

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭ando

excellent :)

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

Originally posted by Webmonkey
    Oh my....domains expiring like crazy ..that time of the year again :D

here you go a full domain dedicated to it.

www.kerrycardealers.com

i think its a bit better now as u can do it all in one window?

have fun :p

I like this one cause im kinda used to it.. url is down, can yea fix it pls? :)
    you have saved me so much time & energy ;)

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

Tis working now, ignroe :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,510 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Big big update:

http://www.kerrypages.com/sms/

It seems that your page has the exact same issue (even worse) then o2.ie has in Mozilla/Firebird

If you try enter a number into the box after the cursor flashes once he defaults the cursor back to the msg text box.

ALSO using tabbed browing if I had your page open and I try type anything into boards.ie (as an example) the cursor jumps back to your site (but does not actually change tabs)

Grand otherwise ;)

Specially for you and other mozilla users :p

http://www.kerrypages.com/sms2

:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭suppafly

ooh, looks all nice and fancy and sophisticated now, nice one donal.

ps how come u have one on the kerrypages.com and one on the corkpages.com??(just curious)

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,510 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Specially for you and other mozilla users :p

http://www.kerrypages.com/sms2

:)

Thankyou much :D

Originally posted by suppafly
    ooh, looks all nice and fancy and sophisticated now, nice one donal.

ps how come u have one on the kerrypages.com and one on the corkpages.com??(just curious)

both domains will work....all pointing to the one server...doesn't matter which one u use :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,290 ✭✭✭gonker

hi just trying to use this site but it seems to be a problem with th e o2 site being down so I went into the o2 site and they have changed the number of messages to 250 and any extra you sent will be charged at standard text messaging rate. :( :mad:

gonk

I haven't been able to view the txt part of the o2 site.
    But I heard it was reduced to 250 messages pm
    The site won't even load for me as we speak,
    but if you go over the 250 you get charged?
    thats ****ing bollax :mad:

yup
    thats ****ing bollax
    i agree.
    today is the first time that I have been able to get into the text part of the site in ages....another example of rip of ireland
    gonk

page won't even load for me
    IE just displays this
    "We can't find "www.o2.ie"

can't ping it in command prompt, "host not found"

Originally posted by Lenny
    page won't even load for me
    IE just displays this
    "We can't find "www.o2.ie"

can't ping it in command prompt, "host not found"

Hi guys,

yeah i got the same prob with them Lenny....why couldn't they just leave the site the way it was, nobody was complaining

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,038 ✭✭✭rob1891

I couln't get on to www.o2.ie, or web.o2.ie earlier today, but it seems to be fixed at the moment.

I think it's a great improvement on the old site, it's actually useable in mozilla and they seem to have added a phonebook to store numbers for texts, well pleased. Never used more than 20 texts in a month so the new limit won't effect me.

must have been a fluke cant get on to o2 now..:mad:

Right, site seems to be fixed now and working..
    WebMonkey, any way you can work another program round about this?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

Is the O2 site down now?

I couldnt send a text using Webmonkeys site via DUN connection.. cool site by the way :D

the O2 is blocked here in work.. pfffftt:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

is the O2 web text fixed?

• Advertisement

Hey guys.....

5th year is hard :(....i am kinda working slightly on the texter thing but I'll let ye know when i've it finished...i know it was quite handy rather than going on o2s site...but ne ways i'll let ye know when i've it finished.

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

can anybody confirm that web text sent from the o2 site are actually getting to the designated number?

my g/f has been texting me and I've been getting nothing.

oh...and the texts have been halved to 250 pm :(

yea, just sent meself a txt there, got it instantly.
    maybe during the week they had problems, as mine wern't reaching contacts for like 14hours later
    I also see they have removeed the "free web text from www.o2.ie"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭spongebob

it is there but is now 250 per month.

same problem again arising, messages not getting delivered for like 15 hours later

Hey WebMonkey, I see you've made a new sms program :D

Only 1 thing, when yea send a txt, the way it loads a new page. can yea have it to keep the orgional tent in it?
    and how about reverting back to the old style where you had the page split in two?
    cause when it reloads, its annoying if yea wana send the same text a few times or to a few people yea know ;)

thanks.

Hey Lennie,

Hows d going...

I've made it so that when you send the text, the text stays in the message box. That be ok? :)

Excellant see you've just altered it, thanks a lot!! ;)

Originally posted by Kaimera
    oh...and the texts have been halved to 250 pm :(

I'm pissed off about that myself, no notification at all about the change in the service
    I know its still beats what Vodafone offer but its still annnoying, as handy as the address book feature is I'd rather have the 250 messages back

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 885 ✭✭✭clearz

I made a program for O2 in Ireland. It used to work great with the old website . It even split up the test messages if they were to long. But ever since O2 changed the text part of their website I cant get a program to work with it. I can log in OK but when I try to send a message I keep getting a HTTP 403 error. If anyone knows what the problem is PM me I would be happy to exchange code, ideas.

Advertisement