Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

where to go?

• 26-12-2002 9:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 245 ✭✭

for the last while i've been having trouble with my pc and have now decided to fix it.

trouble is i dont have the foggiest what to do or where to go to get it fixed.

theres a load of repair places mentioned in the golden pages but i dont no which r good value for money.

anyone got a place they can reccommend?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭_sheep

What kinda trouble, maybe someone here can help.

Failing that, what area are you in, im sure some of the lads could recommend somewhere you can take your pc, or if your around Tipp i can recommend a place :D.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 245 ✭✭Pugwash

i'm in the south dublin/ bray area but i wouldnt mind having to head into own to get it sorted.

i need it fixed in the vey near future you see ad i dont really ant to mess around with things i dont understand

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

There's a place on Parnell Street, practically opposite the ILAC Centre, downstairs. Can't remember the name (sorry) ...

thats grand. i'll probably be in town tomrrow anyway so i'll have a look

• Closed Accounts Posts: 741 ✭✭✭longword

Originally posted by Bard
    There's a place on Parnell Street, practically opposite the ILAC Centre, downstairs. Can't remember the name (sorry) ...
    Multitech. They've done a decent job for me a handful of times.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭PiE

Originally posted by longword
    Multitech.

Phew, thought he was recommending Peats there for a sec :]

Seriously tho Pugwash, describe the problems, might be something easily (and cheaply) fixable.

my ip/internet settings r messed up so my pc can connect but cant send or recieve any info.

e.g. open web pages or use kazaa, etc

also my Hard drive is on the rack and keeps fu[king up

need a controller card and hard drive installed aswell

tryed to do it myself but keep on making it worse

the hard drive install is what i'm really after coz i can format the hard drive

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

jesus no not Peats!!! :)

Yeah, Multitech - give 'em a try... sorted some stuff out for me in the past. Good fellahs.

Advertisement