Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buying an Electric Guitar

• 27-12-2002 2:12am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 848 ✭✭✭

I wanna get myself started on an electric guitar. But it'll be the first time I'm playing any sort of instrument, and I don't want to start on an acoustic beforehand.

Could anyone give me advice on what to do regarding buying a new or 2nd hand model as my budget isnt very large. Places/ballpark prices/atari jaguar would help!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,731 ✭✭✭DadaKopf

What exactly is your spending range on both guitar and amp?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,985 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

Well seems you're a beginner, you probably wont even know if you will keep playing guitar. So i recommend getting a cheap piece of crap. Try a second hand guitar, or try get a loan of one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 848 ✭✭✭mirv

250 max for both I guess. I'm a cheapo :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,975 ✭✭✭Oeneus

Giblet has a bit of a point. How serious are you about learning to play guitar?

For 250 you should get something decent secondhand. Make sure you don't get ripped off, though!

If the guitar is of the brands Encore or Squier, do not pay more than €100 secondhand:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 848 ✭✭✭mirv

I feel pretty confident regarding sticking to learning it as I'm serious about it. I have stupid amounts of free time - my college course only requires ~400 points.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 48 alfonso*

mirv i might be selling a squire,could do you a deal

pm gilead on irc and we'll talk

Advertisement