Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Bungee jump

Options
  • 27-12-2002 1:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭

I seen on another thread something about Boards Paintball
    But would anybody be interested in a Boards Bungee day

in the Spring or Summer

Boards Bungee Jump 12 votes

Interested
    0% 0 votes
    not Interested
    100% 12 votes
    Im Scared
    0% 0 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,562 ✭✭✭Snaga

Yes. Yes please.

The closest Ive come to a decent ground rush was in one of those drop tower rides over in the states (suck you 130 foot in the air and drop you untill the last 15 meters where you decellerate hard).

Theres something about chucking yourself off though......aaaargh :)

Ill pack a spare pair of undies.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,471 ✭✭✭elexes

keep me informed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭the Guru

What I would Like to do is wherever we get the Most people Intersted where it be Dublin Cork or where ever ,,,,,,,, this is where we can have the Jump If we get a big enough area we can get the skaters and Bmx guys envolved make it into and event.

And if its tramore we can get the Water sports involved as sort of a land sea air get together

we can organise to have the Jump, if it happens ...........in the town and a suitable venue can be arranged .

I keep you all informed

Get back with feedback if you have any good ideas

• Registered Users Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭TacT

I dunno if I'd bring myself to jump but it sounds good :D

It could possibly be held in conjunction of a bmx/skate/rollerblade event alright, I'll have a chat to a few folks, something just got built up in Bangor and there is something in the works for limerick, although having it done at the rds could be just as simple.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭Cake Fiend

Fairly feckin sweet

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 752 ✭✭✭Lorax

sounds EXCELLENT
    i really wanna do it - what age do you hav to b?
    btw its too feckin cold to bmx anywhere these days

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

I'd love to give it a go (believe it or not I have mild vertigo!) but I have a defect in the veins in my left eye and I'd be very concerned about putting excessive blood pressure on it so I'd like to find out of there is a medical risk of me doing it (anyone know if there is a large increase in the blood pressure to the head?)

DeV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭the Guru

Originally posted by DeVore
    I'd love to give it a go (believe it or not I have mild vertigo!) but I have a defect in the veins in my left eye and I'd be very concerned about putting excessive blood pressure on it so I'd like to find out of there is a medical risk of me doing it (anyone know if there is a large increase in the blood pressure to the head?)

DeV.

You could jump om a sit chest harness which is basically jumping in a parachute harness and the rope is conx to your stomach area so there is less pressure to the Head and eyes "personally my favourite way of jumping"

and lorax you have to be 16 - 55 to jump over 55 you will need a doctors cert

• Registered Users Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭Cake Fiend

Originally posted by the Guru
    you have to be 16 - 55 to jump over 55 you will need a doctors cert

Right Tom, get on to your GP so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 dreaminginred

I'm in, just give me a heads up and i'll be there (excuse the pun)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,171 ✭✭✭af_thefragile

sounds fun!

i'm up for anything extreme!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭Jello

sounds fun!

i'm up for anything extreme!!
    I'm in, just give me a heads up and i'll be there (excuse the pun)

This was posted five years ago...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 607 ✭✭✭Kenjd

Sounds like good fun! I did one in the states but it was tiny and over an inflatable thingy, so wasnt that scary! Can i skate of the top????

• Registered Users Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

Jello wrote: »

lol

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 7,171 ✭✭✭af_thefragile

Jello wrote: »

lol!
    Why is this thread back then???!

Advertisement