Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problem with new DVD Player!!!

Options
  • 27-12-2002 7:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    I bought a new DVD player on Christmas Eve, a Philips 634. I connected it to my TV via a scart lead. The problem is, that sometimes when I watch a DVD, the TV automatically tries to change from the AV channel to a TV channel! It does this every 15 minutes or so (sometimes more!). It is extremely annoying. Has anyone any ideas what the problem could be??? The booklet with the DVD isn't any help. By the way, my TV is a Sony
    KV-M2151L.

Hopefully, somebody reading this might have an idea how to solve this. :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

With my dvd player (philips aswell) when you switch it on it goes straight to AV. Now I dunno if this happens with all dvd players let alone all philips ones. Anyway if this happens with yours maybe you should switch your tv to AV before switching on the dvd player and it might stop the problem.
    Of course if you do this already then I have no idea what the problem is.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

sounds more like a problem with the t.v then the dvd player, possibley check its timers and see if it has a function for how long its meant to stay on av before switching back to a t.v channel (just to note i don't know if t.v's even have this function but it seems reasonable)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

Problem shouldn't happen if you switch to AV before turning on the DVD player... some TVs do have automatic switching, as afaik its part of the euroscart standard (but dont take that as gospel).

The player shouldn't be sending the changeover signal during chapter changes etc. though so thats quite strange, so its either a fault with the scart socket on the tv or the dvd is actually broken... if possible get another dvd player (probably unlikely.. but same make would be best) and experiment with that to try and figure out which is to blame.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,179 ✭✭✭ondafly

sounds like the TV is the problem, altough if u can, try a different SCART lead. I have that exact player - and I must say, i'm very impressed.

BTW - open the tray and press "0" 5 times, and enjoy multi region. also press "0" 4 times and "angle" and enjoy jpgs/Gifs burned onto CDs, watchable via the DVD machine.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭Drag00n79

Thanks a million for all the advice! I tried switching the TV onto AV myself rather than letting the DVD player do it, and there were no problems! :D So hopefully, that's it solved. Thanks again.

• Advertisement
Advertisement