Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Quotes Of The Year

• 27-12-2002 8:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 155 ✭✭

(poll on dangerhere.com)

Tom Tyrell - "I don't think that was offside. You can see it on the big screen opposite but its difficult to tell because your brain has to immediately reverse what you've just seen."

Uncle Sir Bob - "There will be a game where somebody scores more than them and that might be the game that they lose."

Steve Wilson (BBC) - "Wome could hit this free kick with his left leg, Jeremi could hit it with his right leg, and Lauren could hit it dead centre."

Barry Davies - "McCarthy gave Ian Harte a special cuddle after he pulled him off."

Motty - "England got the handcuffs off just in time in Bratislava, but now it looks like they are heading for jail. Unless they can cry freedom here with Beckham."

Peter Drury - "Gudjohnsen's pass allowed him to take Chelsea from behind and into the dominant position".

Chris Kamara - "Statistics are there to be broken."

Andy Gray - "That's bread and butter straight down the goalkeeper's throat."

George Hamilton - "This thing just keeps on throbbing."

Stapo - "You've got to be careful. You're not sure if the ball is going to bounce up or down."

Big Ron - "They've certainly grown, the Japanese. I mean grown in stature, playing-wise."

Chris Waddle - "The Swedish back four is amongst the tallest in the world cup. Their average age is 7 foot 4."

Eamon Dunphy - "You've got to pick your best players. You don't weigh them, Bill."

Conor McNamara - "They say football is unscripted drama and this match certainly hasn't followed the script tonight."

Trevor Welch - "And Celtic have extended their lead at the top to a remarkable 15 points. Now to soccer..."

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

All good, esp. Trevor Welch :)

some more from football365:

ALAN BRAZIL: “I was sad to hear yesterday about the death of Inspector Morse, TV’s John Shaw.”
    TALKSPORT CO-HOST MIKE PARRY: “John Thaw, Alan.”
    ALAN BRAZIL: “Do you know, I’ve been doing that all morning. John, if you’re listening, sorry mate.”

"He shot from all of 35 yards there, and nobody beats David Seaman from that kind of distance” - CLIVE ALLEN

“He actually looks a little twat, that Totti” – BIG RON, BETWEEN MOUTHFULS OF FOOD, NOT KNOWING THE MIKE WAS ON

“Michael Owen is a parasite in the best possible sense of the word” - ALLY McCOIST.

And of course the great Mick McCarthy saying 'I don't rate Shevchenko' :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭Pigman

Extract from Evening Herald regarding one of Irelands world cup warm up matches: "Kilbane's cross-cum-shot flew high over the bar"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 155 ✭✭revelate

ah...the great football365..where would we be without it....

LOADS more like this to be found there...

“At least we're going to Hong Kong next summer - you're not” - JASON McATEER TAUNTS JIMMY FLOYD HASSELBAINK AFTER HOLLAND MISS OUT ON THE WORLD CUP… IN JAPAN.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,489 ✭✭✭Clintons Cat

Colemen balls

Brian Hamilton: I think in the end it will be down to Manchester United and Arsenal.
    Victoria Derbyshire: So you clearly haven’t ruled out Liverpool then?
    Radio 5 Live

“... and now [Burnley] have got an extra yard of doubtness in their minds”
    CHRIS KAMARA, Sky Sports 3

Advertisement