Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Weird Nokia incoming call thing

• 27-12-2002 10:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭

About a week ago when I got an incoming call something odd came up on the display of my 6210. The 'i' info icon and 'NOTE_INFO' appeared instead of the name of the caller. This happened 2 or 3 times and there was no sound if I answered the call.

Finally the name of the caller sort of came up only some of the letters were replaced with square symbols. The same person had been calling me each time.

I've never seen it before and it hasn't happened since, just curious to know what caused it. Any theories?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 848 ✭✭✭mirv

From what I know, it must be some trigger accidentally invoked, confusing your 6210. Nokia used a similar trigger to ring me during NokiaGame, where callerid was not only blocked, but it didn't get registered by the phone or logged into the recieved calls list.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭Kolodny

Actually I'd forgotten to mention that the name didn't come up in the received call register afterwards, even though a name (of sorts) did appear on the display so that seems likely to be what happened. Odd all the same.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,499 Mod ✭✭✭✭Blade

Might be something to do with Info service, for weather messages etc, try turning it off. I'm not sure exactly what it is tho, I just did a search tru the 6210 manual and thats all that came up. You can get the manual in PDF from their site.

Advertisement