Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Messiah and Halo.

Options
  • 29-04-2000 3:45pm
    Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Both 3rd perspective games.
    I've been playing Messiah for review for www.playerofgames.com and I'm not going to give away my thoughts here but one thing is the control mechanism: Its very tricky to control a character accurately from 3rd person.

Now maybe Bungee have over come this with tight-feeling control and better camera work but Messiah is hard to control to do anything tricky. Even climbing on boxes is arkward.

I fear for Halo. frown.gif
    Has anyone outside Bungee offices played it?

DeV.

Comments

• Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 5,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭Maximilian

Yeah. Great game. I find the controls fine, I have to say. Very difficult game though.
    Constantly reloading.

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭whitetrash

are you talking about messiah or halo, max?

and how do u know halo is 3rd person, i saw the movie but that doesn't really prove it and it would make aiming the guns (espec. the one on the back of the buggy) REALLY difficult without wasting lots of ammo

"Piss on a Chicken."
    dot

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

Halo is third person afaik. However I'm sure a crosshair will make aiming fine.

Thing I want to know is how many players? From what I gather only 6 can play? That can't be right?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

Don't like 3rd person. It just doesn't feel right unless your inside the body. heh.. heh, hehhehhehhehhehhehhehheh

Loading coat... please wait.

Lunacy Abounds! Play GLminesweeper!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭Monty - the one and only

Supposedly Halo due for release in September

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 599 ✭✭✭ThunderingMike

Trust Bungie. Myth , Myth II , marathon and all their other games have so far been fantastic. If until now , Third Person Perspective games have been awkward to control , Bungie are just the people to sort it out. Oni will be released during the summer and that should give a good idea of how Halo will play. But really , the way Halo looks , can anyone here say he/she is not going to buy it just because the controls are odd?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 127 ✭✭Noel Brady

For the world exclusive Messiah cheats, check out www.game-ireland.com. Dave Perry at Shiny gave us the rights to all 30 cheats above anyone else, worldwide.

Noel Brady www.game-ireland.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,972 ✭✭✭SheroN

/me presents noel brady with a currant bun and a medal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 599 ✭✭✭ThunderingMike

Well the new look is quite nice. Not as bad as it was when I saw it when I first came to these boards smile.gif

Originally posted by Noel Brady:
    For the world exclusive Messiah cheats,

News to me, I had the cheats 2 days after I had the game and that is yonks ago. They were posted to thier webboard 1-2 days after US release. I think Dave is pulling your leg.

• Advertisement

One or two of the cheats were broken by hackers eg. the easy ones. Wait till you cop a load of some of the later cheats we will be posting, they are the real stars of the show and the cheats hackers have yet to get their mitts on.

*shrugs*

There were about 30 or so commands you could do in game listed. The post after it was one of the developers of the game saying they didn't condone cheats.

Dave told me that some cheats had been hacked but they still had plenty which hadn't.

Advertisement