Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Word toolbar missing completely?!?

• 28-12-2002 11:44pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭

I'm using Office2000 Pro Edition and in word the toolbar is missing altogether, im not sure how this happened seeing as other ppl have been using the pc but when i went to use it the other day the toolbar at the top of the screen is completely gone, all there is is a blank worksheet and no matter where or how i right click i can't find a menu to return the toolbar, nor can i find anything in help telling me how to return it. I've tried re-installing office once already but its still missing, its not a faulty install because it was there before, any ideas?

Farlz

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 134 ✭✭Dawg

click view-toolbars and pick which u want. The keyboard shortcut is alt+v, t.
    Else you can right-click on any grey area at the top long as its not on an icon and a list of toolbars should drop down. Pick the one u want from there to display it.

Hope this helps.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭Runfree

Try what Dawg said anyways. If that dont work then come back for more help :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,432 ✭✭✭ando

had this problem before, ended up uninstalling office, but the problem is that office is not removed completly from the computer. You have to download a tool that completely removes office from the registry iswell and folders from the harddrive. Then reinstall. it worked for me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,017 ✭✭✭uch

Saw this problem in work recently, turned out to be a corrupt profile, if you are using profiles delete yours and give yourself a new one.

21/25

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,264 ✭✭✭RicardoSmith

If its word it could simply be a problem with the normal.dot template or someone perhaps has modified it. Maybe intentionally or maybe not.

If you delete it (search for the normal.dot and delete it) word will simply create a new one and your toolbar should re-appear.

But bear in mind that if there are any custom macros etc., saved to the normal template these will also be lost.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭Farls

Cheers for all the reply's but alas none seem to work, there's no toolbar at all so there is no pop up menu's either there go's the alt+v approach. I searched for the normal.dot file but its not there, i can find it on other pc's no problem but on this one its non existant. What is this program you speak of that delete's all of word?...link perhaps?!?!?

cheers again in advance

Farlz

You aren't hiding files of known extension types are you? There should be a normal.dot as if there isn't one word recreates it. If it isn't doing that, then your word installation is seriously bunched.

You should insert the office cd and remove all of office. Only once you have done that reinstall it all. I know you have reinstalled it before but did uninstall it first?

You could even just delete the word program folder manually and copy it across from another machine.

I did uninstall it before, and theres no hidden file types i'll try copying it over from another machine and see what happens won't get to do that till the end of the week tho.

thanx anywayz

Farlz

Have to say I'm stumped. Spent a few years writing vba for word and supporting 200+ users and I've never seen word able to run without a normal.dot before. Thats not to say it isn't possible. Anythings possible with MS. What version are you using BTW?

Office 2000 Professional not quite sure what excact version tho.

Its strange alright, the person who done it hasn't a clue how they managed it either...if ando posted a link to this software it would be excellent

Farlz

• Advertisement

Thats the version I'm most familar with too!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Link to a discussion on this very thing.

Won't get an answer there either (and MS weren't any help)

Try copying this template to your machine and then double clicking on it. I wrote some vba/macro code in it to open a new toolbar and also the existing standard toolbars. I think this machine is virus free but you should check the file yourself just to me sure ok. Double clicking on the file will run the code. Don't go file/open as that won't run the code.

http://ricardosmith.x-ess.net/files

The file is newtoolbar.dot or newtoolbar.zip they are the same file. Dunno why the unzipped one is so big though. I've saved it in Word 2002 but it should work in Word 2000 too. Let me know if it works or not.

Advertisement