Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dave the Clown

• 29-12-2002 12:44am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 857 ✭✭✭

*Cue circus music*

Nice to seem him acting the fool again. I thought he reserved such acts for FA Cup finals and the likes...

He must be back on the playstation again.

For anyone who doesn't know, look out for any highlights. Duff shot straight at him, does a 'Dudek' , except the ball goes by him rather then through him. Impressive none the less :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

I'm so glad you created this thread, and even more glad I opened and read it. It most certainly was not an utter waste of time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭Pigman

Any thread that involves the slagging off of tomb-raider-playing, bleach-blond-wog-hair-sporting, butter-fingered-cross-dropping Calamity James is never a waste of time!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

Originally posted by Pigman
    bleach-blond-wog-hair-sporting

Nice :rolleyes:

Originally posted by TwoShedsJackson
    Nice :rolleyes:
    Not really. Looks like a brillopad in a bowl of custard

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Originally posted by Pigman
    Not really. Looks like a brillopad in a bowl of custard
    lol :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Not too bright are we Pigman. You've been around here long enough to realise that I hate racists.

I'm leaving your comment up so others can judge you but this is a final warning, one more like that and I will perm ban you from Soccer.

Gandalf.

Originally posted by gandalf
    Not too bright are we Pigman. You've been around here long enough to realise that I hate racists.

I'm leaving your comment up so others can judge you but this is a final warning, one more like that and I will perm ban you from Soccer.

Gandalf.

Oh cop on gandalf. Where I come from the term 'wog' refers only to excessively curly hair and NOT the colour of ones skin. I'd as soon have refered to 1970's Kevin Keegan as 'wog-haired' as I would have David James so if you have a problem with the term then I'd suggest taking a look at yourself instead of waving your pathetic ubergeek wand again against someone who is as anti-racist as (and - judging by your P.C. reaction - probably more-so than ) yourself.

I know you're itching for an excuse to ban me so go ahead and do it and the people on the soccer board will just see you for the 12-click-uber-god that you are.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,838 ✭✭✭DapperGent

From dictionary.com

wog ( P ) Pronunciation Key (wg)
    n. Chiefly British Offensive Slang
    Used as a disparaging term for a person of color, especially a person from northern Africa or western or southern Asia.

[Probably short for golliwog.]

There are no other entries.

You only meant to be derogatory towards his hair (which is absolutely justified, nay necessary) but perhaps you should be a bit more careful.

Pigman heres the warning again so even you can understand it.

If you use any racist term on here again (and yes the one you used is racist!) I will remove you from the boards I control permanently and I will ask DeVore to 12-click you. If you feel thats too PC for you then you are welcome to vacate these boards. Alternatively you can take it to the Admins if you feel I'm victimising you.

I am not itching for a excuse to ban you or anyone else. But I do take action when someone steps over the line as you have in the past.

No take this on board.

Gandalf.

Originally posted by gandalf
    Pigman heres the warning again so even you can understand it.
    Thanks for the kind warning! Fat PC gits like yourself can sometimes be hard to understand when they don't have a pie in their gob. But rest assured I won't say 'wog' again since it offends so many corpulant white-ass family-guys as it clearly does in your case.

I doubt any of the 'black' people I know would find the term 'wog hair' as offensive as you clearly do but since I care about your mental state and perception of racial righteousness so much I will refrain from using it lest you vomit your latest trough-binge on me in a state of panic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,680 ✭✭✭Tellox

no offence pigman, but thats just asking to be banned

Well done,pigman has now got himself banned from Soccer for good. Lookslike I'm not all that PC now doesn't it. :rolleyes:

Gandalf.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Mercury_Tilt

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,838 ✭✭✭DapperGent

Has Pigman been banned completely? From boards as well as soccer?

I've always thought he could be a bit rude but that's kind of over the top. He may have used a racist epithet but it seems obvious to me that he was not actually being racist. I know it's a fine line and that zero tolerance is usually the best way to deal with percieved racism but surely the poster's apparent intent has to be measured as well?

Clearly Pigman is an irritable little fecker as evidenced by his attack on Gandalf. But in fairness Gandalf had as good as called him an idiot twice and a racist by this point. Now I still reckon the attack was unwarranted and merited punishment of some sort but a permanent ban from soccer seemed fair especially seeing as the insulted is a forum mod.

Banning him from boards totally especially since he's been around so long seems unfair. Or am I missing something?

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Currently Pigman is banned from the entire of Boards. Frankly I would prefer if he stayed gone for good.

He's been warned and temporaraily banned before so when I reviewed his Soccer ban (as I review ALL bans enforced by mods to ensure things are fair in both directions) I was angered by what I read. The rascism question is not central though its another thing I cant stand. Personal abuse of Gandalf who is here to maintain order and generally keep the place tidy isnt on.

I have no time for petulant "I'll post what I like" abusive types.

Oh and I never consider post counts really, I might over look an outburst from someone who should (and usually does) know better but in this case actually Pigman has caused trouble before and I have a very simple answer to trouble.

If he wants to rejoin our community he has to be prepared to abide by the rules and the rulings the same as everyone else.

DeV.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

Thats disgraceful. Having crossed swords with the Pig on quite a few occassions, I know how irritable he can be. But there is obviously some kind of agenda here, and I'd love to know that it is. I thought "our community" is human, and offensiveness (within reason) is part of everyday human communication. I can't believe and don't believe that the word "wog" (used to refer to one's hair) is the reason for the ban. Nor do I believe that the childish but relatively innocuous needling of Gandalf was the reason. Unless of course Galdalf really is fat. In that case then the whole lot was true. Only joking. :cool:

Advertisement