Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Childhood Television

Options
124»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭qwidgybo

*embarrased*
    i quite liked it too...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 406 ✭✭shep the malevolent pixie

yaay!! let us unite in our embarrassment!! :D we are so cool lalalalalala. :rolleyes:
    sHep :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 610 ✭✭✭article6

These are all based on an eerily similar talk I had in school, a while ago

All credit to:
    Dinosaurs (remember? the baby dinosaur who called his dad "not the mama"? and hit him with a pan?)
    Captain Planet (what was the deal with Heart?)
    That Gummidge scarecrow guy (who always fell down at the end of every episode)
    Biker Mice From Mars (who always made the same building fall down at the end of every episode)
    Uh, the Muppet Show spinoffs
    Bear Island (not the Island of the Bears. This was good because the bear was called Eddie, a fine name whose bearers should be rewarded and loved)
    Knightmare (despite not having the BBC)
    15 to 1 (still on!!! It rocks!!! And isn't actually for children.)

All apologies to:
    Scooby Doo. "I only ever disliked one plot on Scooby Doo. That one where this guy dressed up as a monster to scare people and make money". (I forget who said that, was it one of youse?)

I'm sure I'm leaving something out, but I always read more than I watched.

A question, to solve the school row: When the Planeteers in Captain Planet used their rings to summon Captain Planet, could they use their powers? I don't think so.

we,chloe,may in fact be the coolest people on this planet,but shhh,don't tell anyone,they'll only want to steal our coolness and use it for evil things involving chewing gum and possibly birds....

DINOSAURS WAS SO COOL!I LOVED THAT BABY!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 458 ✭✭ll=llannah

ah, who didn't love that baby? hehe. so adorable. and the frying pan, was it? man, i haven't seen that in ages.

oh speaking of captain planet,
    Captain planet, he's our hero, gonna take pollution down to zero!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭lordsippa

YAY! Dinosaurs! Hell I even vaguely remember a plot for one of the episodes... <the test screen became the most popular programme on tv>

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭Green Hand Guy

I liked Timmy Mallet more than any of you and I think that may be responsible for the way I am today.

someone has said playdays already,right?cos that was feckin brilliant...

birds eh?.....those pinko monkey b*stards...

NOT THE MAMA!! heeheehee. i don't think anyone did say playdays...i never saw a full episode of that actually, was it really that good? i also never saw rainbow or button moon. :,( *sniff*

this thread has 99 replies so far! wooo! longest thread i've ever created! keep 'em coming people :)

post 100!
    *fanfare*

..anyway,yes,playdays was fabtastic.I NEVER SAW BUTTON MOON!WHAT WAS BUTTON MOON??

• Advertisement

button moon had mice and stuff, i forget what the point of it was though...i never actually saw an episode of it so that could have something to do with it...:rolleyes:
    did it have the soupdragon? or was that the clangers? i can't remember.
    i'm trying to plan a magic roundabout marathon someday soon, i might try and include the clangers and button moon in there too.

Advertisement