Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

sharing over network

Options
  • 29-12-2002 4:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭

I recently networked my pc and a laptop but I'm having problems with sharing files over the network. Two machines are detecting eachother but when I go into network neighbourhood it says there is no network present. The laptop is connecting through the pc to access the internet so there is defintly a connection present :/

Note: My brother was changing the administrator password on the laptop and some how he cocked up and now I have to log onto the laptop as a guest. This could be the problem but im asking you guys first

thx

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,338 ✭✭✭Frank Grimes

What operating systems are you using?

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭Practical

Im using windows xp and windows 2000 on the laptop

• Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭uch

What protocols are you using ?

21/25

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭Practical

Ahh its ok now , there was a ip conflict and it wouldn't give me access to both machines , all fixed

thx

Advertisement