Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IRA now holds enough guns for 1,500 terrorists

Options
  • 29-12-2002 4:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭

This post has been deleted.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

This'll get rubbished by our "friends" as you've quoted from the Sindo...

Mike.

Originally posted by mike65
    This'll get rubbished by our "friends" as you've quoted from the Sindo...

Mike.
    Not an attempt to pre-empt, rubbishing of the article, I hope:D
    I think, it's a very well balanced article actually,given that the "friends" you refer to( and I assume you mean posters who are IRA/Sinn Féin ?) would possibly think, that the Indo is very critical of Sinn Féin at times.
    There are some interesting facts and figures there, most of which are in the public domain as well as a news item regarding the IRA.

I doubt if Jimmy guerin would subscribe to anything other than respectable journalism and this article is an example.
    mm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭rien_du_tout

hmmmm...... maybe we should set up a society for republicans/nationalists.....ya know.....get all our friends together. And I mean 32 county nationalists.

Oh well, I dont feel the article is balanced totally but it does show the dirty side of the IRA well. Lets remember who the "according to security sources" is taking about - british security sources. And they arent precise although they may well be closest anyone outside could get.....or any informer. I dont think the fact that the IRA has guns to arm 1,500 men (is an IRA man with a gun automatically a terrorist or does he become one by partaking in terrorist activities??) is anything strange. Both sides new that the IRA had arms before peace talks started, the IRA have decommissioned twice, once properly. What they need to do now is continue that process.

Criminal activites are always to be condemned, especially when it dirtys the nationalist and republican name and cause. I feel as strongly about that as some of you feel about the IRA dirtying the path towards a united ireland......and Daveirl is a unique person whom with I look forward to teasing out this idea of 26 county nationalism some other day some other place:)

seán

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Originally posted by rien_du_tout
    .....and Daveirl is a unique person whom with I look forward to teasing out this idea of 26 county nationalism some other day some other place:)

seán

He's not unique, only more outspoken than many....

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Mercury_Tilt

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 15,443 ✭✭✭✭bonkey

Originally posted by Mercury_Tilt
    I dont think Dave likes being asked questions? Pity. he has so much to say.

For someone who has just added the last 5 posts in a row, I think its also fair to say that while you may have something to say, you appear either incapable or unwilling to actually say it and let someone else in to the discussion.
    best i write a letter to the Indo then..... Or the Mod board...

I dont see anything in this thread worthy of the attention of the mod board...except for your rather obvious attempts to be deliberately insulting to dave.

I'm locking this thread - not because its a duplicate topic, not because no-one was interested in discussing it, but because Mercury has apparently hijacked it for some inconceivable reason. I mean - 5 posts to tell us that the thread starter isnt interested in discussing? If I didnt know better, I'd be thinking "muppet" or "troll" about now.

Mercury_Tilt - you know better. Quit this messing.

jc

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement