Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

excel/email query

• 29-12-2002 5:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭

looking into this for my dad...
    basicly he wants to send an email to all the e-mail addresses that he has on an excel sheet.
    (he has some kind of contact databse thing going on... don't ask)

anyway, what he wants is to be able to click on one of the addresses & it gets added to the cc field in outlook express.

anyone?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

copy them into the address bar in outlook and save them as a group.

then he clicks new mail ,address book clicks on the group and all the emails are added in.

kdjac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭the Guru

What you could do and some of the Other code heads will be able to finish this of for me .........but in excel you can add a hyperlink

put a function in the box add hyperlink then you could try this

in the box type
    =HYPERLINK("mailto:me@my.com?subject=blah?cc=me@my.ie","clickhere")
    and then give it a friendly name whatever you what to call it

or copy and paste it into the formula line with you own email address and subject titles

when this Link is clicked it will bring up
    me@my.com in the to box
    and me@my.ie in the cc box
    and blah in the Subject box.

Now the other guys that use this site that have strong coding skills might be able to use this and giggle with it so that it works for you or try it yourself and lose the me@my.com so that nothing comes up in the to line.

if this fails try what kdjac said but ther address into there own address box its the easiest way I reckon

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭the Guru

or copy and paste this into the formula bar in excel

=HYPERLINK("mailto:?cc=me@my.ie","clickhere")

and change the emaill address to your specified email address
    and the click here to what ever you want the text to be.

and that should work

Advertisement