Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tekken Tag Tournament

Options
  • 17-05-2000 2:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭

*Yawn* It looks boring and it plays like every Tekken ever. Hardcore Tekken fans will like it, because it's Tekken3 with nice graphics. All-round game fans and casual players will be bored very quickly.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭bubbles

I challenge you to a game of Tekken 3 Shinji if your man enough to. Might be worthwhile to slap a bit of dosh on this. I suggest 50 quid, or maybe 100 ?

Rules:

PAL Version on PSX
    No programable pads
    First to reach 5 fights (best of 3 per round) wins
    GON and that cripple fella excluded
    No, Pulling Pads, connectors from oppositions hand.
    More as I think of them.

Are you game ??? smile.gif

[This message has been edited by bubbles (edited 17-05-2000).]

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭bugs

Shinji - do you own a ps2 ? Have you played tekken tag to any degree ?
    Cos to me it seems like you read something somewhere , committed it to memory and then decided that you were right , you're wrong mate , and you play DoA2 hahahahah , which you probably havent , but you read about it somewhere.
    lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 127 ✭✭Noel Brady

Sorry Bugs but I have to agree with Rob. TTT has great graphics but they really should have called it Tekken 3.2. It doesn't even evolve as far as earning a .5 rating.

Noel Brady www.game-ireland.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 114 ✭✭Nitro-G

I agree with Shinji, its just Tekken 3 with a few additions, I was not too impressed when I previewed it.

Jamie www.irishplayer.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,488 ✭✭✭SantaHoe

Well the Tekken series has never realy moved on very quickly...

As a hardcore Tekken nut, I think the ballance is just about right the way it is (ala Tekken 3), and not that much needs to be changed.

Graphics and sound are always nice to have improved, but a few gameplay tweaks here and there should be enough to keep me happy.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 127 ✭✭Noel Brady

I just hope Namco don't start the same with the Soul Calibur series....

They recently announced Soul Calibur 2 but I thought the method by which they left a gap of three years between Soul Blade and Soul Calibur was fantastic. It left time for the series to truly evolve.

Noel Brady www.game-ireland.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

I will have all comers at Tekken3. Just give me a couple of weeks to brush up on Ling Xiayou's moves smile.gif

Finally got my import Ps2 and tekken tag and i can finally dismiss all the rumours.
    It is a fantastic game, its obvious it isn't using a fraction of the ps2's real power , but it still outshines anything thats currently around.
    Of course it has a couple of downs , dome backgrounds, dizziness as they scroll by and some awful music ( " no ears , no eyes , no nose , no head " ) where the hell did they come up with the lyircs!

Tekken bowl , oh yes , outshines some other games and its only a subgame, completely addictive. Overcharge the ball and you follow it down the alley smile.gif

All in all , well worth the small fortune i parted with to get it.
    Must figure a way to hook it up to my pc and rip that intro , almost real time action movie!

Soul Calibur was good , but it wasn't a huge step from soul blade , graphics wise it was.

They ruined the in air phyiscs, its silly now , you can just adjust yourself after being kicked into the air and land basically where-ever you want.
    Its a fantatic game and all ( except for the button block which still takes ages to get used to ) but it didnt exactly evolve , added new characters yes , added some new moves yes.
    Apart from that its the same as soul blade which i still have.

And as far as tekken goes , some of the old characters have almost been completely re-done , lee chaolan has had nearly every one of his moves changed , hes like at all like law anymore.
    Baek is gayer in the button bashing area.
    Yoshimitsu was given roughly 10 new moves.
    As the old saying goes , if it aint broke, dont fix it. And up until i got this , i was still playing tekken 3 ( NTSC )
    Following another fighting game really , street fighter which has ritually made itself more boring by going too too far with the same characters.
    I'll wait for tekken 4 and this will keep me more than amused.

On the plus side , Tekken Bowl is probably the most addictive game i've played since javanoid!
    Play that , if you can find problems with the bowling game, you've got problems smile.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

bugs - I've played plenty of TTT on the PS2, thanks.

Soul Blade --> Soul Calibur was, to my mind, a much more impressive move up than from Tekken 3 to TTT. I don't think you'll find many who disagree on that score (outside of the hardcore Tekken-playing minority).

Bubbles - blech! PAL version! Are you mad? I wouldn't touch it with a bargepole, Tekken3 on NTSC was poxy slow enough without dropping another 20% of speed on the bloody awful PAL conversion.

We could always play best of three over Tekken, Soul Calibur and DeadorAlive smile.gif

Ja,
    Rob

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭bubbles

Soul Calibur - yes

But i never played Dead or alive. How about a game of wipeout 2097 in its place ?? smile.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭whitetrash

pah only wip3out, much better than 2097

TTT is a disgraceful waste of cpu time. my suggestion is to buy tekken3 and colour you're psx in with black permenant markers. its much more cost effective.

dot
    also
    Mapfinger

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,488 ✭✭✭SantaHoe

Have to say I was dissapointed to not find weapon selection (alà SoulBlade) in SoulCalibur.

I getting kinda tired of all this whiney bull, i find it very hard to believe that a fraction of you ( bar maybe shinji ) have even played it. People reading reviews about the ps2 games and rehashing someone elses opinion about it.
    Anyone who says TTT is a waste of cpu is a fu<king idiot , no debate , even if it was a bad-ish game , which it isnt theres a hell of a lot worse.

To those who know anything about tekken , i could list a hundred added things in TTT , but stupid ppl will still go " but but but , ted said it was crap so it must be "
    Too many ppl whining about the bad parts.

Must think now , wanna get ridge racer V but theres a minor amount of pop up so i'll label it complete ****e and never play it, of course these ppl are 3l33t , they probably dont own the machine , never saw a screen and listened to another reviewer.

Buy one , play it or just post a URL rather than giving us your opinion, seeing as you're just re-telling a review.

BTW , tekken 3 was the fastest selling game on psx, i played it right up till i got this, its still a great game and i wasnt even half way getting thru all the technicalities and tactics , i'm only too happy to learn it in better graphics where alot of the older characters have been almost completely changed ( lee chaolan , wang jinfrey , armor king , kunimitsu .......... )
    All in my opinion of course , eh shinji!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

Err.

But Ridge Racer V *is* a total pile of ar$e. It's inferior to every RR game previous to it (with the possible exception of Revolution, which was another total pile of ar£e).

Also... Game reviewers are there because they have played a LOT of games, and the idea is that they recognise quality in a game. They advise people what's duff and what's not. A games reviewer will tell you that TTT is Tekken3 with a lick of polygonal paint applied. If you truly loved T3, you'll buy it. If you were a casual Tekken fan, you'll take the reviewers advice and won't bother. That's the whole point of people who review games, after all - they play the **** stuff so you don't have to. The X-Files Game, anyone? wink.gif

Ja,
    Rob

Reviewers are there to advise, which is all well and good. But they far from represent all games players , and for soooo many ppl to just take it from reviewers , who themselves are almost being forced to say it because everyone is , hate to stand out and say something was worthwhile after all. This will probably continue for quite some time , sony more than likely will lock out sega and i dunno about microsoft but hopefully ,seeing as everyone hates em , they lose alot of bills money.
    Everybody hates a winner.

Advertisement